I've fallen ( off the wagon) and cant get up!

Options
mhollencamp102012
mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
edited November 2014 in Motivation and Support
So my hubby came home for a week, and I completely fell off the wagon. I fell off the healthy wagon straight into a pile of bad food , bad decisions and immobility! Have no idea how much I have gained, I am sure some, but my cloths fit the same so I know this is just a minor set back, but I need to get back on it again before I slip too far. I have not even logged into mfp for a week....so now I am back at day one of logging...I just don't get it, I felt so good physically, mentally, everything...then I fall off the wagon and feel like *kitten*...no motivation, no energy...food hangovers I don't get why I would even want to not eat healthy and move..old habits die hard I guess....but I am going to try with all my might to pull myself back up today. Reading through everyone's posts sure helps, looking at the success stories really help...it's just time to get back on it!

Replies

• crunchienugget
    crunchienugget Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I feel the same :( today's a new day though?
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    yes it is....it has to be!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Jump back on and don't look back. I had a really bad 2 weeks at the end of summer. The important thing is to get back and don't dwell on the past. I got right back to logging food but unfortunately my exercise has been spotty. Do your best! We are here to cheer you on.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    5eacc9327c5112a646b3b370fcbf74b5.jpg

Yesterday's success, or failure, has no impact on whether you will succeed or fail today unless you allow it to have that impact.
  • HeatherBrookmyer
    HeatherBrookmyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Make today better than yesterday! Then make tomorrow better than today :)
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I fail all the time! Learning to eat the right way is a massive series of failures followed by only occasional victories.

JUST LOG EVERYTHING AND LOG THEM ACCURATELY!

I can't tell you how many 4600 calories days I've had in the last three months (I've lost 25 pounds in that time). But I tell you, logging everything accurately is such a huge motivator. Yeah, you ate too much - so stare at the log - you'll be shocked how much it helps, not this time, but next!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, this happens to most everyone. Just don't let it defeat you or get you down. Today is a new day.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    it happens! just make up for it by surprising yourself with lots of great decisions over the next couple weeks :D
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Weigh immediately. If you put it off then you will keep overeating. It is probably not as bad as you think. I took four days off from exercising and ate everything in sight. I gained .4 pounds so not bad at all. Weigh and then jump back into healthy eating and exercise.