Need some suggestions for At-home DVD's.

Options
Okay guys, I need some help. I have very limited space when it comes to my living room. It's not spacious, & jumping gets me up close and personal with our ceiling fan. I need a workout DVD that works with that restriction.
My Dad let me borrow his 10 minute trainer DVD's (from the same makers of p90x), and that is working out fine with my space. I want to be able to get some cardio in though. I have been looking into some of the indoor walking type DVDs, but is there any other options that anyone knows of?
Thanks!

Lexi

Replies

• ndrumgoole
    ndrumgoole Posts: 1
    Options
    I use the old TAE-BO dvds which are weird, but burn a ton of calories.
  • skinnyjeans13
    skinnyjeans13 Posts: 179
    Options
    The most jumping 30 Day Shred and most of Jillian Michaels' DVDs have are jumping jacks and jump rope (without the rope obviously,) could you manage that? Her DVDs are awesome.

If not, the walking at home ones are good too! The 4 & 5 mile walking DVDs by Leslie Sansone will definitely get you sweating and get your cardio in!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    JILLIAN MICHAELS!! Any one will do but you can start with 30 Day Shred xx
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone. Leslie Sansone. Leslie Sanson. I cannot say her name enough! She is awesome, and you don't need a whole lot of space to do them in. These are the greatest walking dvds! She does have some on demand on some cable/satellite services. I have U-Verse, and I know she has some on there. Do a search for her name and see what pops up. If you can stream Netflix, there are some exercise videos on there, too you can stream. (Leslie's on Netflix are dvd by mail only :sad: )

They are great videos and will get your heart pumping like you wouldn't believe! Have fun! :bigsmile:
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Leslie Sansone makes great walking videos. Check her out for free on exercisetv.tv before you buy!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I use the old TAE-BO dvds which are weird, but burn a ton of calories.

I love Billy Blanks, and I totally agree with you it's a great workout!
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you have a reasonable amount of fitness what about p90x or insanity? I'm really impressed with my results so far.
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    I have two Biggest Loser dvds. Power walk and Cardio Max and I love them both. We have a pretty small living room too.
  • BeesKnees
    BeesKnees Posts: 25
    Options
    Okay, awesome. I just ordered a Leslie Sansone DVD with various walks on there. From 1 mile, to 4 miles. So I'm excited for that. I just want to make sure I have enough things to shake it up.

Tankplanker-- p90x scares the *kitten* out of me right now!! At one point in time, my fitness level was definitely up to par with this but unfortunately I have fallen far off that wagon. Hoping to get back to it and maybe I will give it a try eventually!

Thanks for the replies :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Gin Miller's Cramped Quarters is a circuit workout designed for a small space.

http://www.ginmillerdvds.com/Cramped-Quarters-DVD_p_90.html

Do you have a step? Many of these require very little space. I'm choreographically challenged - so I like Cathe's Basic Step, & Gin Miller's Step Rebok
  • breezy2413
    breezy2413 Posts: 8
    Options
    ANYTHING jillian michaels. her "last chance workout" dvd for biggest loser will work you into a sweat in just a few minutes. it's a great in place cardio work out! make sure you buy some 5 lb or 10 lb weights to have handy. i used water bottles and it still burned. when i don't have weights, i do the workout at a double speed and it's just as effective!
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have 10 minute solution DVDs and they are good - the kickboxing one can be used with limited space.
    Also, as mentioned,Leslie Sansone is good.
    Zumba, or Turbo Jam is pretty good with limited space.
    So just dance your little tail off to some music. Jumping jacks and other high energy workouts are good. I know, those aren't DVDs, but something different to do. And you can do some running in place while watching TV (I do that a lot when my husband has control of the living room LOL)
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would recommend finding some Turbo Jam videos. Those are great cardio workouts and you can always do the low impact version which cuts out the jumping!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING jillian michaels. her "last chance workout" dvd for biggest loser will work you into a sweat in just a few minutes. it's a great in place cardio work out! make sure you buy some 5 lb or 10 lb weights to have handy. i used water bottles and it still burned. when i don't have weights, i do the workout at a double speed and it's just as effective!

I really disliked "Last Chance Workout" - try renting it from Netflix first. I was looking at the clock during WARMUP.

I second 10 Minute Solutions Kickboxing - that one's fun.
  • BeesKnees
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I got some walk away the pounds, and it's a decent work out. Have only tried the 2 mile one, but will be bumping it up :)
    I am also going to buy the 10 minute solutions too. Looks good, lots of good reviews. This should be enough for me for now until I'm in good enough shape to get back to my spinning classes ;)
  • BeesKnees
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I got some walk away the pounds, and it's a decent work out. Have only tried the 2 mile one, but will be bumping it up :)
    I am also going to buy the 10 minute solutions too. Looks good, lots of good reviews. This should be enough for me for now until I'm in good enough shape to get back to my spinning classes ;)