What to do?

Options
okay...so I kinda want some chinese food but before I go, I'm trying to figure out how to measure the calories. The restaurant I'm planning on going to doesn't have a website.

Any sugguestions? Or just don't do it?

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    usually there are plenty of vegetable options... just don't get anything fried, and if you can, get sauce on the side instead of already mixed into the food! some places may not accommodate that though.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Could you go to a different restaurant with a website and the calories?
  • gagejennifer
    Options
    If you have anything like a Blackberry or Ipod touch you can download one of the apps that can show you how many calories are in something like Fortune Cookies .....etc. Or you can always go to a website that is similar to it and check for yourself and see what it has to say when you return home after. Hope this helps !. Enjoy dinner !.
  • ilovecisco22
    Options
    dont do it make your own chinese food or go to a place where it has the calories menu so u can count what u r eating love mary
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    I eat Chinese food once every week or so. I always get steamed chicken with vegetables. That's in the database on MFP and in other places on the internet at about 120 calories per cup. You can order a sauce on the side (of course) and dip into it. Order some tea to go along with it, if you like it.

You can always ask how they prepare the food, too. For example, the place we usually go to steams over water and their steamed choices are designed to be Kosher.

Good luck! Enjoy!
  • Jennid27
    Jennid27 Posts: 15
    Options
    Steamed veggies and chicken beef or pork. Nothing fried like general tsos... And take half off your plate and havebthem wrap it up for you in advance. Mmm. Enjoy. Oh, and start with a soup.
  • FitMomma0722
    FitMomma0722 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yeah...not worth it. Thanks. I have about 600 calories for for dinner I'm sure I can find better ways to use them.
  • Lamkinam
    Lamkinam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chinese food is VERY high in calories and fat. I'm sure you could count it in your food diary by searching the name of the foods IF you know the name of what you are consuming. However, each restaurant can vary in which kind of oils and how much they use in their foods. I think finding an alternative would be best.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would say dont do it...especially if tomorrow is like weigh in day..but if you do go ...stay away from the rice we tend to over eat it..and no fried anything..and watch the sauces so unless your gonna have steamed veggies ..there really is no use...find a better place with a nice protein veggie rich salad!