V-Sit/C-Sit Help

Options
Anyone who has done a beachbody program should know what I'm talking about. I need help with the v-sit/c-sit whatever you want to call it sit move. It's the move where you sit on what yogi's call your 'sits bone', basically lean back on your butt and do ab moves. Here's the problem. I have tailbone issues and I can't sit even. I've tried everything. Pillows, towels, any kind of padding. I cannot do this move. It's in both T25 & PiYo (which I'm doing now). They don't offer a modification for if you can't do the sit. Does anyone else have this issue with their tailbone and can offer a modification or advice? Thanks!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Ball crunches, hanging leg lifts, rope cable crunches to name a few.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a modification to do during the beachbody workouts.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Whether it's Beach Body, Jillian's Ripped, etc. you're just looking to work the abs here. The exercises I mentioned work the abs. Get a ball (or for that matter even something that supports your low back without your butt touching the ground) and do the crunches during whatever interval that Beach Body is doing it on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I agree. Just do an alternate exercise. There are exercises on those videos that I find too painful/awkward to do so I do something else until they switch moves. I love v-ups, but they aren't magic. If you are really determined to do them, you might try a donut pillow, like a travel or hemorrhoid pillow, that will take the pressure off of your tailbone.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    hazleyes81 wrote: »
    I agree. Just do an alternate exercise. There are exercises on those videos that I find too painful/awkward to do so I do something else until they switch moves. I love v-ups, but they aren't magic. If you are really determined to do them, you might try a donut pillow, like a travel or hemorrhoid pillow, that will take the pressure off of your tailbone.

Will do, thanks.