fellow equestrians, maintainers, gym addicts and anyone else..

Options
That wants to be my friend! :-P
My names Steph details on my profile about me ;-) I am maintaining, I am having to eat a fair amount to support my active lifestyle and gym activities.. I have an open diary quite happy for people to nose.. If anyone else is also packing away a fair amount of food to maintain would like to be buddies with them!! Some of myfitnesspal buddies are packing away less than 1/2 what I am!! I have 2 horses 1 that I have had 17 years he has a quiet life these days I have a sharer for him that hacks him out my other Sybil a scatty german warmblood ex dressage horse I have been doing affiliated showjumping with her she has lost abit of confidence though so am just laying off the jumping for now plan is just to chill hack fitten then start hunting her when there is one local because I know she loves her hunting.. Anyway omg!! Babbiling!! :-P so fellow horsey person, maintainers, gym addicts and anyone else if your trying to lose weight and want a supportive buddy with different goals add me!! Xx

Replies

• joyThegymmonster777
    Options
    Hey fellow equestrian!
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Helloooo :) I'm not the horse lover, that's my 9yo daughter but I'm always happy to be friends with someone who eats food!
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Grrr trying to add piccies of mine there are some on my profile click on steff's photos lovely horses thanks for the add guys x
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm not a maintainer (yet!) and am one of those people who eat 1/2 of your calories...but I do loooooooove me some horses! I don't own any, but I take lessons on a 15y/o bay OTTB. I haven't really decided which discipline I want to be in...I'm riding at an eventing barn, but have done some hunter shows and dressage tests. I like it all!
    I also help out at another barn in exchange for riding - they have 10 horses there this winter. I usually am riding their 13y/o bay OTTB. Something about those Bays :) I also like to hack around on their 26y/o Appy mare.
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    *waves* I have horses! An older 25 year old gelding I have had since he was 5 and a younger team roping horse. I have not ridden since I had kids though! One of my plans in the future though.

I would love to be friends with someone who actually eats! LOL.

I have a long way to go but am aiming to eat as much possible to get there!
  • steff274
    Options
    Yay for new friends!! :smiley:
  • steff274
    Options
    shamefully bumping!! :p would love more horsey friends I post regularly on my timeline for a rant or general rambling about whats going on!! As said above ^ am having to eat a fair bit to maintain so also friends maintaining who are very active and having to pack in a fair few calories to maintain would also be good! :D
  • joanna_82
    joanna_82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not a horse lover (although I did ride when I was younger) but I am active and try to eat as much as I can while still losing at a slow rate. I think I will be going to maintenance soon. I would love to have friends who are eating a realistic diet and also who are active as it keeps me motivated, especially through the winter. I run, swim, do pilates and walk as much as possible. Jo
  • Heyyyyy! I am a fellow equestrian. I have 7 horses (3 I ride the rest are breeders/retirees). I compete nationally in both dressage and Australian Stock Horse events. At the moment am training Medium on my Arab/Warmblood.
    Add me if you want to know more/motivate me/be a friend/whatever
    Reg
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Another equestrian here too. And reenactor. So I'm training my boy for jousting...
  • deindae
    Options
    Hey I am getting back into dressage and am trying to get fit for competition (and better balance)! I would love some equestrian friends to be friends with so we can motivate each other :)
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh, hey! After a 17 year hiatus, I returned to riding this spring! I'm at a h/j barn at the moment, but my former eventing life is started to appeal to me. I'm not sure if I'm as brave now as I was as a teen, but I keep thinking maybe I should see if I can find some local dressage and CC lessons as a start... ;)

Anyhow, I could use some more horsey friends, and I still have about 15lbs I'd like to lose along the way.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    81d32f20df4e005a62928c3ac304b0735a90.jpg
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    ^^Can't top that.
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Gack. This post made my heart hurt. I was all excited to find fellow horse-people unti I remembered I can't call myself one anymore. I lost my mare of 17 years in February :( She was going to be 20 years old in April, I was the first person and the last to ever sit on her back. I am hoping to be back in the saddle soon, but man oh man did she leave a huge role to fill.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Gack. This post made my heart hurt. I was all excited to find fellow horse-people unti I remembered I can't call myself one anymore. I lost my mare of 17 years in February :( She was going to be 20 years old in April, I was the first person and the last to ever sit on her back. I am hoping to be back in the saddle soon, but man oh man did she leave a huge role to fill.

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss.