(not my) 120 pound journey, from couch potato to ironman

Options
Kirsty_UK
Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU

Ben Davis
"In January 2009, I made the decision to get a grip, get out of my depression, and do life.

I started running and started a blog: http://bendoeslife.tumblr.com

120 pounds lost, but much more gained.

This is how far I've come."

(bout ouchie at 2minutes 23secs!)

Replies

• EquestrianLark135
    EquestrianLark135 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow...ok...that gave me major chills! :ohwell: I was smiling so big when I saw you finishing with your dad and brother. That is absolutely amazing and extremely inspirational! Thanks so much for sharing that! You look 2758605876095 times better and happier. :wink:

Oh...haha...I just caught that this isn't you...but still...thanks for sharing that! it's VERY inspirational!!! :smile:
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    lol yeah, most definitely NOT me, but I loved this, so had to share as a motivation to others - even more so if you go to his website and read the beginning bits of the diary

he really did start our where many people on here are starting from, unfit, carrying a lot of extra weight, with no prior running experience
  • debdene
    debdene Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    WoW! AWESOME
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    That was great. Thanks for posting. OUCH on the blood though..
  • smiler1978
    smiler1978 Posts: 28
    Options
    Oh man - i had a few tears then

WELL DONE! XXX
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Very inspirational! What was with the bloody nipples, though??
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    Wow, that had me crying tears of joy, lol!!! What a beautifully done video!!!
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    Very inspirational! What was with the bloody nipples, though??

Men don't wear bras. Shirts chafe nipples. Makes me glad to be a woman!! LOL.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ok, question--how does Ben run so much in the beginning? He signs up for a 5k 2 weeks after starting working out. He runs a 10 minute mile on like day 3. I weigh 100+ pounds less than he did, and I still can't do that! How is this possible? Is it possible he is more fit at 350 than someone at 250?

It's not that I don't believe it, he is clearly awesome. I kind of feel like a pu$$y now though...
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just wow.. What a guy..I only wish for his perseverance and stamina. Kudos.
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Total tear jerker. So inspiring. I've just started the C25K program and I dream of doing that myself one day!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I love this video!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!