Eating in the Evening

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm usually hungrier at night than throughout the day, so I consume the majority of my calories at night. I've lost over 80 pounds this way...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Yes because your burns no calories in your sleep right. Sorry for no links since I usually do not research something I know. I am sure someone while provide you with a meal timing link has nothing to do with weight loss.

I've lost over 100 pounds eating at night, every night.

The only way you stop burning calories is when you kick the bucket. I don't need to provide you with a peer-reviewed article for that, do I?

keep scrolling down the thread.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    Ultimately i think this is one of those debates that are not worth losing a marriage over. i.e. its a fairly trivial thing to want to be right about.

No danger there. We mostly just kid each other about it.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    complete nonsense, I eat a 1500 calorie meal within 2 hours before I go to bed and maintain sub 12% bf year round, WHERE IS HER GOD NOW???
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I lost 53 lbs in 9 months eating a majority of my calories in the evening. I'm maintaining doing this too. /shrugs.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i worked with a personal trainer who instructed me not to eat carbs after 3:30 PM because our body doesn't have time to burn the sugar before we go to bed... or something. i mean it does sound like it would have validity but really, i think he just didn't want us to gorge ourselves so late at night.

if it works for your wife not to snack, then she can go to bed hungry. however if it's 8 PM and you're hungry, listen to your body. just be smart about it and not get cheese fries or whatever. plus you're a man, so you can practically breathe the weight off and can afford that extra snack compared to women.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    c4rtr4t wrote: »
    i worked with a personal trainer who instructed me not to eat carbs after 3:30 PM because our body doesn't have time to burn the sugar before we go to bed... or something. i mean it does sound like it would have validity but really, i think he just didn't want us to gorge ourselves so late at night.

if it works for your wife not to snack, then she can go to bed hungry. however if it's 8 PM and you're hungry, listen to your body. just be smart about it and not get cheese fries or whatever. plus you're a man, so you can practically breathe the weight off and can afford that extra snack compared to women.

WAT?

• SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options

WAT?

I saw that one coming.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SLHysell wrote: »

WAT?

I saw that one coming.

lol okay so that is a bit of a hyperbole but i only meant that men lose weight a lot easier than women so you can afford that extra snack.