When you aren't hungry...

Options
sd101483
sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
I know you need to eat to keep your metabolism revved up, esp with working out, and esp in the morning, but I am also a firm believer in don't eat if you aren't hungry. I'm having one of those days that I'm just not hungry. The thought/sight of food is repulsive today (I'm wondering if I'm getting the flu tho). I ate breakfast, and have gnoshed on a banana and a few mandarin oranges, just to get something in, but, is it really so bad if I just don't eat every now and then, since I'm just NOT hungry?! Thoughts on this?

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how many days in the past week or so you haven't netted 1200 calories. I know for myself i had 4 out of the past 7 days where I didn't and ended up gaining some back.

If you havent had that in awhile, then just take a break and not worry about it the one day and just get back to it tomorrow. Just make sure you keep your fluids up!
  • snakegoddess_3
    Options
    I have always been told you need to eat even if your not hungry because it's your body trying to save the food or something to that order. I find now that eating every 2 to 3 hours I actually get hungry where when I started I wasn't so much. If your not eating your meals then you aren't probably going to make your calories for the day and that would be a bad thing. So I think it's bad
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My concern would be if not eating today causes you to over-compensate by binging tomorrow, then it's probably not a good idea. Also keep in mind that eating keeps your blood sugar levels up, which is where your body gets energy to function. Letting your blood sugar level get too low is bad for you. But if it's low, you will feel bad, so if you feel fine and you're not hungry, I'd say eat less. Especially if we're talking about a day or two, here and there (not for weeks at a time).
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Well I'm going to say if you're not hungry don't force yourself to eat, that is just going to make you feel worse. Like others have said as long as it's not an everyday occurrance. I usually always hit my 1200 calorie limit but today I didn't, but I was working and I don't get hungry at work because I'm so busy! But I drank 20 8oz glasses of water today too. So I would just listen to your body and you should be fine!
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I think if your not hungry then you shouldn't eat. You will eventually get hungry!