filling breakfast ideas

Options
i work in a cafe and usually have to run around for 5 or 6 hours before lunch. i usually have cereal or museli for breakfast but im starving by lunch time. any ideas?

Replies

• Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    try 100 calorie bagels with whipped cream cheese. yummy and filling. include a yogurt and/or piece of fruit and you're set.
  • sarahmay25
    sarahmay25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to tone muscle, so I'm not sure if would want to do this, but I have a protein shake. Only one scoop, has 100 calories, and 18g of protein. I do not really feel hungry before lunch rolls around
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS ate FiberOne for breakfast until the last year or so! I started eating an egg and egg white on an english muffin or a bagel thin. I eat breakfast around 7 and lunch at 10:50 (i'm a 1st grade teacher so we eat earky) but I'm not hungry!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a serving of cheese grits with a fried egg on top. Eggs being protein keep you going till lunch time. Can you
    Fit in a mid-morning snack...cheese stick or granola bar?
  • faerybun
    faerybun Posts: 65
    Options
    Definitely get your fiber! I love english muffins and a bit of egg beaters for a fast breakfast. Without the fiber and protein I'm hungry again within three hours!
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have 3-4 egg whites and a whole egg and a bowl of oatmeal; however I usually eat 3 hours after that, having a protein shake and banana usually depending on my schedule.
  • SparksFly460
    SparksFly460 Posts: 258
    Options
    Quaker High Fiber oatmeal or the Quaker Weight Control (both good in protein & fiber) with a greek yogurt for extra protein. i let the oatmeal cool a bit and then mix in the yogurt! VERY filling
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an egg on english muffin or toast. Either that or I have 1/2 cup of oatmeal mixed with fruit and it seems to last for me. I'm a stocker so most of my physical demanding part of my day is within the first two hours of my shift.

I would eat a good fiber or a complex grain (they stay with you longer). Good luck.
  • Crissy143
    Crissy143 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and raisins with a cup of instant sugar free cappuccino. That can keep me going for about 3 hours.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe from someone else here on my fitness pal and it is a filler...4 egg whites half cup oatmeal half cup cottage cheese belnd together and make 2 pancakes...I eat a piece of fruit with it and am filled for a long time!!
  • joliejolie123456
    Options
    :smile: thanks for all the the advice. i dont really get the chance to fit in a mid morning snack as im usually rushed off my feet so i'd need to get everything in first thing. i think it makes it so much worse when youre serving food to other people! so fibre and protein are best?
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe from someone else here on my fitness pal and it is a filler...4 egg whites half cup oatmeal half cup cottage cheese belnd together and make 2 pancakes...I eat a piece of fruit with it and am filled for a long time!!

sounds good! i am going to try this!
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like nutrigrain low fat waffles with some almond or peanut butter :)
  • daphnedees
    daphnedees Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite breakfast:

1/2 cup of egg beaters (60 cal)
    1 low carb tortilla (80 cal)
    1 slice of Kraft 2% American Cheese (45 cal)
    1T Salsa (15 cal)

Total = 200 calories

Then, I usually have a piece of fruit between breakfast and lunch.
  • carrie340
    carrie340 Posts: 36
    Options
    Have a poached egg on wholemeal toast, a great filling breakfast.

4210516.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lacey34
    Lacey34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really like a scramble- I use a protein, vegs, 1/2 c egg beaters, and sprinkle of cheese and hot sauce on tap. This week is two Boca sausages, fresh pico, fresh spinace, EB and mozzarella. It is awesome and filling!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options

This sounds good...
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My best mornings have egg and turkey sausage in them... and some whole wheat something bread.

that holds me over right to lunch. :)

I am trying to change them up with turkey bacon and some whole wheat waffles or pancakes.

have to have a protein with each meal or it is not enough ...that is what works for me.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Fiber and protein always works best for me. Oatmeal and eggs keeps from wanting to eat a cow come lunch time.
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    I'm trying to tone muscle, so I'm not sure if would want to do this, but I have a protein shake. Only one scoop, has 100 calories, and 18g of protein. I do not really feel hungry before lunch rolls around

what kind of protein shake do you use? the kind i have has tons more calories but the same amount of protein.