Please can I play?

Options
Hi! - I am Ali and I live in London.
I joined a few days ago and have been SOOOOOOOOO impressed by you fantastic people. :flowerforyou:
There are so many of you who have done amazingly well- both in terms of losing weight, taking on new challenges, supporting each other and generally being such nice people. There seems to be such a lot of skill and experience out there and you are all so supportive of each other. I am completely inspired by you all.
I have tried weight watchers, which is good, but have been really struggling to stay motivated and I think this site is the answer! I have never found anything as good in the UK.
So, please accept an interposter from the UK, and if I can do anything to support any of you in any way please let me know.
Ali

Replies

• ali_uk
    ali_uk Posts: 16
    Options
    I joined a few days ago and have been SOOOOOOOOO impressed by you fantastic people. :flowerforyou:
    There are so many of you who have done amazingly well- both in terms of losing weight, taking on new challenges, supporting each other and generally being such nice people. There seems to be such a lot of skill and experience out there and you are all so supportive of each other. I am completely inspired by you all.
    I have tried weight watchers, which is good, but have been really struggling to stay motivated and I think this site is the answer! I have never found anything as good in the UK.
    So, please accept an interposter from the UK, and if I can do anything to support any of you in any way please let me know.
    Ali
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Ali

Welcome Ali!!

You are going to love it here.!

Leigh Ann
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you!!

This is a great site and will definitely help you stay on track!!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!

What part of London do you live in?
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! :drinker:
  • ali_uk
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:

See what I mean?? Look at you all- how well have you all done!!! You are amazing.
    Thanks!!
    I live very near Twickenham stadium - the International rugby ground. Another game on on Saturday so its fun but traffic mayhem! Where are you from?
    Ali
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    Ali

Hi Ali,

welcome to MFP. I am quite new here too and found the site amazing so far. I also am from London :smile:

Good luck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I know, I know... I hear that all the time. <insert smug smilie>

Just kidding :bigsmile:

Welcome to MFP!
  • liveagain
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:

See what I mean?? Look at you all- how well have you all done!!! You are amazing.
    Thanks!!
    I live very near Twickenham stadium - the International rugby ground. Another game on on Saturday so its fun but traffic mayhem! Where are you from?
    Ali

I live in the states, but I want to go to London one day...mainly to see West Ham United play :bigsmile:. It's just one of the many stops I want to make when I tour the world
  • luvlee884
    luvlee884 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: London was AWESOME! Glad to have you here, WELCOME!
  • ali_uk
    Options
    Hi Hannah- nice to know the site has spread over here! Good luck with it- it looks great.
    Liveagain- glad you want to come to the UK! Apart from the weather London is great-buzzy and loads to do and see. Why West Ham??
  • liveagain
    Options
    West Ham has been my team since I was a kid. I'm not sure how it started, but I'm sure it has to do with a family member. Even though most years they don't do so well I'm still blowin' bubbles. :bigsmile: There is so much I want to do and see there. Upton Park will be only one stop while I'm there.
  • ali_uk
    Options
    My poor husband supports Everton, Brentford and AFC Wimbledon....... and he's almost still smiling!! You would have thought he would choose ONE really top team! That's the thing with football though...... its in your blood and you support your team come what may. I expect its the same for American football??
    Thank you all for being so welcoming, and I'm glad you liked London!
    Ali x
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Hey Ali! Welcome!!!:drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Ali

Welcome Ali - I'm in the UK to :happy:
  • aubs057
    aubs057 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I did weight watchers too, over the summer! And I so agree that this site is way better! And it's free too! I've only been here for a little over a month, and I looove it! Hope you enjoy it, and welcome! :smile:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Welcome Ali! :happy:
    I know what you mean about WW :grumble: