Feet cramps with 30DS

Options
I am on day 5 of the 30DS and starting on day 3 the arches on my feet have been absolutely killing me after the 'jump rope' section.

I have tried barefooted, running shoes, and walking shoes and nothing seems to make it stop.

Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Could be your water intake. Foot cramps are a classic sign of not enough water for your muscles. It will take some time but they should go away with an increase. Good Luck!!
  • MissPalmer
    MissPalmer Posts: 9
    Options
    I had the same problem when I started working out. I think its just not used to be on it so much and so active like that. It went away after few weeks.. I would suggest using running shoes for workouts- it helped my feet get used to the activities.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    OMG my everything hurts! Seriously! I am only on day 2.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was getting tingling during some of the moves and then when i took my shoes off i would get cramps. Could be the tightness of the shoe
  • elsohypes
    elsohypes Posts: 30
    Options
    For workouts moving side to side and not just running forward, normal running shoes arent the best as they dont support you as well. There are trainers meant for sports like netball and basket ball which involves a lot of side movement so they would probably be best.
  • lawilgus
    lawilgus Posts: 21
    Options
    I have done it without shoes though, too... but I still get these cramps.

They wouldn't be an issue if it didn't make circuit two so painful that I have to take small breaks...
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem during the early days of Level 1. It sort of eased up on it's own, but my arches are still prone to cramp if I move my foot wrong. It could be the water, I try to drink the 8 glasses a day but often only get in 6. Now that I've moved on to Level 2, it's my calves that kill me. I'll keep checking the thread to see if anyone has cure.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I had ankle problems when doing the jump rope section so instead of doing two feet together I do one then the other (like running and jumping rope only staying in one spot) the way the gal who does the Modified moves does (watch her feet carefully). The advanced girl is just way too bouncy for my body lol.
  • rachelrenkes
    Options
    I'm responding to this without knowing what exercise program you're on, but the feet cramping caught my attention. When I started working out in December I got horrible cramps across the bottom of my feet. I have very low arches so I went to my podiatrist and got fitted for custom orthodics made specifically for my feet. Slowly, the cramping has been decreasing since I started using them a few weeks ago. If you have arch issues you might want to check in with your doctor!

Rachel