My Story is not of will power or motivation but of Determination

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
Some of you may remember me, I have been around for a little over 3 year's now, 1128 days to be exact.

If ya have never seen me around or don't remember or what not, let me tell ya a story lol. 3 year's ago I came here because a friend of mine told me about this place, I signed up at my biggest of 250 lbs, I'm 5'1.5 (that half counts dammit!!!) Well anyway's, I fought, I have wanted to give up, I've cried, I've felt sorry for myself, but one day something clicked, no body is gonna move me to my goals but me. Well last year at this time I had reached my smallest of 117 lbs, that's 133 lbs I had lost, well I got comfortable, let life be my excuse and I gained 22 lbs back, I'm down 11 lbs from that 22 lbs, and I know that 22 lbs of 133 lbs isn't that bad and it only took me a year to put that on. It could have been worse and I know this, I still counted my calories I just didn't watch what I ate, as in portion control or healthier options, I quit working out, well I worked out here and there but nothing like I did last year, last year I was on a beach body craze!!! This year I finally found my umph again, it didn't just come to me, I didn't just wake up one day and say "Oh I'm motivated" because motivation doesn't work like that, I woke up one more and said "You're better then this" and was determined to get my body back, determined to have a summer body this coming summer, when my motivation isn't there my determination is running. Back in June I thought if I got a tattoo that reminded me of my journey it would motivate me to try harder, it didn't. But I don't regret my tattoo, it's a Chinese symbol that says "Determination" For me my story isn't about will power or motivation, it's about determination. I'm not going to be satisfied with comfortable, I don't want to be comfortable, I want to be sore, I want to be fit and I want to be healthy!!!

I was going to wait till I got back down to where I was last year to post this, but I am feeling so proud of myself today and I'm so pumped up that I feel like I should share some of this...

I started going to the gym about a 5 weeks ago, like I said, last year it was beach body workout's, this year it's the gym, I feel I really get a lot more out of the gym then I ever did from insanity, p90x and t25, I honestly LOVE hitting the squat rack. I'm not going to share with you the photo's of last year, because I'm no longer there right now, but I will share with you how far I've come since I started.

yyhrtl92lvcw.jpg
ooyeb4qt7afx.jpg
xkjdsbfaa32w.jpg
01np0zinlep3.jpg
tmh48u23ps38.jpg
xkq94i9708rh.jpg
fvdusbf5wfqm.jpg

Replies

• Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done. You should be so proud!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Well done. You have come so far, not least in recognising things were slipping. You have every right to be proud of yourself.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Your determination is admirable, and you are beautiful :smile: great work!
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    U r beautiful!! Look soo much younger
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I didn't lose nearly the amazing amount as much as you, but I gained back 60% of what I lost 2 years ago, and your words ring so true to me and where I am now. Thank you so much for posting this now!
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting back on track honey and taking control! You're doing so well! :-)
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very Inspiring, Thanks for sharing!
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    You look great. WTG :)
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    you're so great <3 I've seen so many other posts by you around here, and you are my biggest source of motivation/inspiration. :) GJ getting back on track again! =D
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Thank you everyone, glad I could help inspire. So many have inspired me, but inspiration won't move you, you have to move yourself.
  • cog62
    cog62 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everything you are doing to gain health! I found that no matter how shietty I feel, I must make new habits and stick to them.. I was so off for a weekend and REALLY hated how I felt. I know I feel good when I keep my current commitments, so I think I will keep on keeping on! Thanks for the inspiration, and to remind us all to get our determination on!!!
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story & your pics... you have come a long way and look absolutely stunning! :)
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Thank y'all :)
  • Mommy23js
    Mommy23js Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You look awesome!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You look great and so glad you caught your self and recommitted to a better you.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Thank you all, yes I'm glad I was able to jump back before it got any worse.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!