Clif Bar's Lets hear it??

Options
I just dropped some money on a few clif bar's because they are good and I eat half at a time for a snack and save the other half for later they are filling and have good taste so it's like a cheat but are they ok? Or am I hurting my weight loss by eating them every now and then as a snack? I read some review's online that weren't so great so lets hear it no sugar coating (lol)

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    If it does not put you over your calorie goal, it's fine.

• court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    as long as you're at a calorie deficit, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Weight loss=calories in<calories out
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I eat up to 2 a day, so far, so good. Although I've found that when I plateau, cutting them out seems to get things back on track
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    they are a little too high in sugars for me (diabetic) but other than that - if they work for you, that's all that matters.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I do love Cliff Bars...but I noticed that no matter what flavor I get they pretty much all taste the same lolol
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the previous responses that as long as you are hitting your calorie goals, then you will be fine. However, if you are looking for more of a 'natural' bar to consume, then Cliff bars are not the best. LaraBars or Kind bars have fewer processed ingredients and don't have as much sugar.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I do love Cliff Bars...but I noticed that no matter what flavor I get they pretty much all taste the same lolol
    ^^^ This.

Though I eat them regularly. There are three cases around my house at present. I generally use them for long bicycle rides or as grab-and-go mini-meals.

• mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    try the white chocolate macadamia nuts one.. so good!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    The irritate the roof of my mouth. Otherwise, whatever. I like Builder Bars and Mojos myself.
  • jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love cliff bars, you can get them at costco for cheap! I like them after long runs, because I find they are saltier then my Pure protein bars.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    gives me a heart burn every time. :( They're great though.
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Fun story: My son (10) loves the mint chocolate energy/protein type bars, and when I saw some boxes of the snack-size Builder Bars (mint chocolate flavor) on clearance for half price at my local Kroger, I bought all of them. Like, eight boxes. Soon after my purchase, my son decided he doesn't really like them all that much after all. :-/

Anyway, I eat one a few times a week as a snack, and I'm still losing weight because I fit them into my daily calorie goals.
  • mirandag57
    mirandag57 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks all my grocery store had them 10 for 10 so I grabbed a bunch because I had the white chocolate macadamia nut one and loved it today I had crunchy PB but I saw online that they were compairing them to Snickers bars saying they were just as bad if not worse so I was curious how they weighed out because I haven't eaten a snickers in over 7 months lol... The clif bar's fill me up and make me not crave stuff so I was like yes this is a good thing so I was sad when I read the bad reviews being that I had just bought 10 of them!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    anything that fits in to your calorie goal is fine. Good Luck

29509743.png
  • _BeBrave
    _BeBrave Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Whether it is a Snicker's bar or a Cliff bar...if it fits within your calorie, fat, and protein goals...it's not going to hinder your weight loss.

What you read was scare mongering at it's finest.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    the Iced Gingerbread are like CRACK. They are SOOOOO good. I can't get enough, and have been having one almost everyday for breakfast. I just fit the calories in my day, no biggie.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I eat them occasionally, though mostly as a snack for when I'm on a long hike and need sustained energy (and glucose, as I have type 1 diabetes). I don't eat them during a normal day because I see Clif bars as a "technical" food to fuel high activity times.

With that said, I'm planning to soon shift from my primary goal of losing weight to a primary goal to build muscle (and continue to lose fat as a secondary goal). I am considering using Clif bars to fuel weight lifting sessions a few times each week.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 one before boot camp because I don't have supper till after and its a long time between lunch and 7 pm, they do the job and power me through.
  • QueenKristine7
    Options
    calories in, calories out. as long as you're in a deficit you should be fine. I personally love the Clif Builder Bars