Starting again. Looking for some Friends to help out.

Options
Hey guys going to give this another shot at this weight lose thing again. So a little about me. I have two kids that i love dearly 1yr girl and 3yr boy. They are the main reason that i am trying to become more healthy. I think that having friends to talk to about getting tips on working out, food, motivation would really help me out. At the beginning i said " give this another shot" because i would lose 20 or so pounds then slowly get back to my bad eating and doing not much of any thing time and time again.

I have a Desk job, so not a lot of movement at work. One problem i have is i can really only work out late at night, but then i start to fell like im not getting to spend/see much of my kids or wife. (Now that i read this i fell that i might be just making a excuse for my self.) Any tips on when to work out or how to squeeze more work out time would help also.

Replies

• mojpal
    mojpal Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome! I totally get what you're saying, I have two little boys and finding time for exercise or food preparation is an issue, not just an excuse ;) Add me for some mutual encouragement.
  • digitalcanuck
    digitalcanuck Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! If I could provide a bit of advice that changed my entire perspective... think of this chapter in your life as an opportunity to become healthy and learn about your body and what it needs. I am not targeting a certain weight loss goal, rather I am learning about how to live a healthier lifestyle (and teach my kid the same thing). The amazing by-product is that I have lost weight. A healthy, balanced lifestyle has no choice but to lead you to a healthier body and mind. Learn about what foods you need, and what you don't need. Develop cooking skills that incorporate the foods that fuel your body in a way that it needs and loves. I hate cooking, always have. But I can honestly say that over this past year I have eaten better food than I ever ate when I was uneducated and unrestricted. The last thing I would say is that it is never a good idea to choose a diet strategy that requires suffering and is not a diet you can see using for the rest of your life. Ask yourself: Is your primary goal to see the scale read a specific number or do you want to create a healthy lifestyle?

Again, welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend.

Lisa
  • pcblady
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Susan . I had the lap band in December 2008. I had lost like 30 pounds and kept it off. I went back to my Doctor in Birmingham and I am encouraged to lose the rest of my weight. I had another fill. I am excited for this journey of losing weight! I just need some words of encouragement from friends like you!!! Thanks!!!! :-)
  • pcblady
    Options
    Sorry, no pic yet! I will post one soon as possible.
  • digitalcanuck
    digitalcanuck Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan. Great to see you here. IMHO you are on the right track and I am hoping that you will discover a healthy lifestyle that helps you be the best you (and have the added bonus of loosing weight).
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I am in the same boat!

I'm starting over after gaining a few lbs within the year!

I too have a desk job so I know the feeling.. sitting for 10hr shifts Mond-Thurs. SUCKS, but something that's helped me in the past is make sure I get up and walk/stretch every 30 minutes if you can and drink LOTS of water to keep you more fuller and it will help you get out of your chair if possible?!??..

And as far as when you should workout, well that's totally up to you.. For me I suffered with the same problems that actually almost ruined my marriage and I didn't even know it!!
    (lack of communication)
    Anyways.. I worked out every single night after I would put my child to bed and left hubby going to bed without me, mind you I did pretty much everything as far as taking care of my child without the support of hubby, but I wont get into that. & he did not workout... so...

My point here is talk with your wife, let her know how you feel and what your plans are for eating healthier and working out. Maybe you could plan to workout as soon as you get home on some days and other days after the kids are tucked away? Make a schedule and plan it with your wife if you can?!.. Also if that doesn't' seem to fit into your schedule, try a morning workout!?! I used to literally get out of bed at 3:30 every morning and did an hr workout before I had to be to work at 6:30 and out the door at 6.. was it easy? NO!! But this was something I wanted and I had to make that commitment!

If I didn't workout in the morning, I may not get it in by that evening..
    Something you'll have to think about!
    Hope this helps!
    I'm Kim btw, you may add me as a friend! ...
    **starting new program Turbo Fire after Thanksgiving break and getting my butt back in gear before the New YearS!!! **
    Good luck to ya!!!
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm Dan, 22 from the UK. Started my journey at 364 and I'm down to 238. I'm active every day with logging, chatting and messaging people aswell as blogging about my experiences and stuff! If you ever need any motivation, someone to rant to or just a chat I'm always here!
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    hey buddy, request sent, I'm a snap with just about everything you said.