21 day fix?

shred_me_up
shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
edited November 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Thinking of starting it. Anyone up to do it together? :D (*)

Also just fyi im just doing this as a way to ease myself into working out again, not because i think 21 days is enough time to "fix" myself or drop 50 pounds ^^

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    No
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Are you going to be on Naked and Afraid?
    Guaranteed 25 to 50 pound weight loss.
    B)
  • shred_me_up
    haha im not doing it to lose weight really, just to get back into some sort of workout schedule.
  • F1tnessCh1ck
    F1tnessCh1ck Posts: 39 Member
    edited November 2014
    I am in LOVE with this program! It is absolutely fantastic. I did it and I'm not very big, but I lost a total of 7lbs in 21 days which is usually impossible for me. I still use the container system and switched my workouts over to Insanity.

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    It claims 15 pounds of weight loss in 3 weeks lol. That's an absolutely terrible idea haha
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    LOL I just realized YOU posted this! I gave you all the tips and tricks alreaday... IF ANYONE ELSE wants some info let me know B)

I wouldn't mind them!!!
    Im on day two here!
  • shred_me_up
    LOL I just realized YOU posted this! I gave you all the tips and tricks alreaday... IF ANYONE ELSE wants some info let me know B)

ahaha yes you totally pursuaded me!
  • F1tnessCh1ck
    F1tnessCh1ck Posts: 39 Member
    AJ_G wrote: »
    It claims 15 pounds of weight loss in 3 weeks lol. That's an absolutely terrible idea haha

That's only if you have A LOT of weight to lose. I wanted to be down 5, which is reasonable, and I lost 7lbs. I was 145 and went down to 138. Big woop! It's the eating system for people who have trouble knowing how much they should eat and when that is so beneficial. I knew, but I didn't know how to apply it. Now I do, and the changes in my body are just unbelievable and I feel 100x better!
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Nah. Thanks for the offer though.
  • shred_me_up
    AJ_G wrote: »

yea im not sure where she gets those numbers from, maybe its possible for severely overweight individuals or something- but i looked at the nutrition part of it and its actually quite reasonable!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    $70 something for colorful tupperware?

tumblr_mlpcr9vnof1snevhqo1_500.gif
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    ^ :)
  • hyde0610
    hyde0610 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2014
    Wow. I didn't know there was so much hate for the 21 day fix. This program has taught me how to look at food in a new light. I am happy I paid for colored containers. They taught me so much about portion control and that it is possible to eat too much good stuff. For those who struggle with portion control and don't carry around a food scale with them everywhere, I really recommend this.
  • misslazo718
    misslazo718 Posts: 124 Member
    I am on the second round of this program. I will be starting my third round next week. I am not really using the containers though just keeping track of my calories here and doing the exercise program which I really enjoy. Feel free to add me.
  • I'm on day 3. I only have 10lbs to lose but really wanna tone up and get into a daily routine and 30 min a day is perfect for me since i have a newborn and a 4 year old. After i boost my strength ans stamina, i want to try t25. Before getting pregnant with my second, i was hitting the gym for two hours a day and never felt this sore. Im not sure if its the program or my weakened muscles though.
  • cubstter
    cubstter Posts: 9 Member
    Hey, I'm with you on the 21 Day Fix! I'm willing to try and make it work AND use all the resources here to accentuate the positive! I've posted in the "Getting Started" community to get opinions and I did. While I know it's a lot of money, any program is a lot of money - videos, the gym, special food, equipment - I know y'all have spent $$$ doing the same. I LOVE the MFP counting calories, etc., but there are too many choices for the same thing sometimes and I never know which one is accurate! Also, if I make something that is low-fat homemade, someone else's homemade might be totally different! You know what I mean? I AM going to still use the MPF accountability for sodium, sugar, carbs, cholesterol, because that is GREAT! I have a ton of great resources here and I will use them and any comment from you guys to help me! I do appreciate these comments, I really do! We're all in here together to lose weight, get fit, and be healthy again! Keep up the great work, everyone! :)
  • shred_me_up
    skullshank wrote: »
    $70 something for colorful tupperware?

tumblr_mlpcr9vnof1snevhqo1_500.gif

haha i didnt buy the program i just torrented it and then looked online at what each container's volume is (i.e yellow container = 1/2 cup)
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    I just started today and love the program and the workouts are great!
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    just curious about this program if anyone wants to message me.....

are the containers like for each meal...one set is one meal??
  • Programs like the 21 day fix are more marketing than they are science. You don't need a fancy program to lose weight.

Most people bounce from one $50 weight loss program or dvd to the next without ever finishing it. If you bought the 21 day fix follow through with it and never buy another one of these again. It's simply about learning what to eat and how much of it to eat to feel and perform your best.