Should I count this as exercise???

Options
I work at a variety store and tend to move around a lot when we are busy and I sweep and mop. Should I count this time as exercise? I dont count the whole time Im at work but I count at least an hour. Is that ok?

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I would NOT count is as exercise, depending on what activity level you have your profile set to.
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    I don't count things that I do at work because I consider them to be everyday things but if you feel like you worked harder than usual then why not? I think about whether I would need to eat back the calories I've burned or not.

Anything is okay though! It's your diary, you should do what you feel comfortable with.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I would count the sweeping and mopping. Log it under cleaning!
  • JaziJoi
    JaziJoi Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes! Mopping and sweeping definitely burn calories. But you should only count the time that you're actually in movement doing the particular task. I count any time cleaning, gardening, washing my car.....anything that involves movement of the body. :wink:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    depends on what your activity level settings are.
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING!!! If I spend an hour walking slow around a store or mall...I log it. If you do you have to do the same with food....even a bite, or a nibble. I log my daily cleaning, watering...why not it's calories you are burning! =]
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I would raise your activitiy level in your profile one up from sedentary. If you're set at that, I would not count it. Not unless you have rivers of sweat pouring off of you and you are panting and out of breath with a racing heart rate from sweeping and mopping... if you are, then yeah, log it and when you get in shape and sweeping/mopping doesn't have that effect on you anymore, quit logging it and go do some real cardio with a pair of running shoes. :flowerforyou:
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I don't count anything I do on a daily basis because I did that before Is started the weight loss journey.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    I recently started working doing housekeeping on Sundays! I def log it... I work up a sweat too haha ;)
  • r99samigrl
    r99samigrl Posts: 25
    Options
    I don't count anything I do at work as exercise. I have my activity level set one level up from sedentary (I'm a nurse and spend 90% of my day on my feet running around). I was doing this job before I joined and don't consider my daily activity to be exercise (even though during emergencies it can feel like a workout!). Hope this helps and good luck!
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    I recently started working doing housekeeping on Sundays! I def log it... I work up a sweat too haha ;)

Oh and my activity level is set for sedentary...