Your opinions of men and facial hair?

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
I was watching this hilarious documentary, "Mansome," and was wondering what your thoughts about facial hair were. Do you like a long beard? Clean shaven? Little stubble?

Personally I used to hate facial hair on my fiance, but now I love it, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Replies

• La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I love facial hair, soooo sexy!
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    facial hair is awesome.

(not so much on women, though..)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    love it. keep it clean though.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yes please
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Depends on the face. Some guys look good with facial hair (like my dad) others don't (like my hubby). Know your face and grow accordingly. lol
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I'm all for anything that means less work in the morning.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    All I'm gonna say is...

Your six pack and huge muscles don't phase me if you can't grow any facial hair, kid.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    as long as its not a scraggly *kitten* neckbeard
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    love it. keep it clean though.

This <3
  • Shalvia62
    Options
    I love facial hair, My husband has a full beard, usually. Right now it is growing back as he shaves it every 3 years for the dermatologist to get a look underneath. I hate it when he has to shave it off.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of my own beard. Does that count?
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of facial hair. I'm OK with that...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Depends on the face. Some guys look good with facial hair (like my dad) others don't (like my hubby). Know your face and grow accordingly. lol

I agree with this. There are no hard and fast rules on this one, IMO.

Generally speaking, I do like facial hair on men IF they can grow it nicely (thick, not sparse and patchy) *AND* they keep it very neatly groomed, trimmed, short beard or goatee type of thing. My husband's the perfect example IMO, he's got a thick ginger beard that is always super neat and short. <swoon>

Duck Dynasty/metal rocker beards aren't my thing but I get it that some people dig it.

• 412lexiLEX
    412lexiLEX Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Not clean shaven, I like scruff or a very groomed beard on a man! :heart_eyes:
  • kanona_42
    Options
    I'm a fan of whatever works best for the individual guy. I've dated guys with full beards and others with baby faces. The Hubs keeps things fairly short to clean shaven, depending on how he's feeling. He can never get past the super itchy point to allow it to grow out, even though I've encouraged him to give it a try (I prefer longer scruff to the sharp, scratch my face when smooching new growth!) I do agree with the limit the neck scruff. And if that's the only place a guy can grow it, then it should go bye-bye.
  • Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I generally prefer clean shaven but some guys look good with some facial hair, neatly trimmed.
  • _JustDG_
    _JustDG_ Posts: 1,584
    Options
    :love:
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    RhineDHP wrote: »
    Personally I used to hate facial hair on my fiance, but now I love it, and wouldn't have it any other way.
    That's so weird that you should say that. Women almost never seem to change their minds randomly for no reason.

Pfff. I'd been dating him for 6 clean shaven years, so when he decided to grow it out I was all like: 5f2a019836a5ec17e63b0e8a79bbebdf.jpg

But then I got used to it, and now that he's had it for the last 4 years I wouldn't have it any other way.