Eliminating Meat from diet - how can i do this successfully?

Options
I'm trying to eliminate meat from my diet, not because i'm vegan or anything, but just because of the cost of meat is a lot higher than tofu, beans, and legumes. Any advice on how to do this while still being able to hit macros while bulking/cutting would be awesome. Thank you very much all.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Soybeans are a complete protein. Vegetarian boards have great info on complementary proteins, foods high in protein, etc.

Your new diet can be as healthy or healthier than one with meat.

I do eat meat and will bet most vegetarians get more protein than I do. :)
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am not vegetarian, either, but agree about the price thing. Plus, making a fresh veggie soup fortified with beans is so much more exciting to me than a steak.
    I have several vegetarian & vegan friends and they focus on alternate protein sources and are quite healthy. One of my vegan friends runs marathons and has been tested by her doc to check iron and protein levels in her blood and never comes up short, so... yeah. It can absolutely be done.
    Researching some great sources and great recipes is as easy as your nearest search engine.
  • Zayabons
    Zayabons Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! And yes, chicken and rice gets boring after a long time haha.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    eat bacon instead ... :)
  • radiatingkayla
    radiatingkayla Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    yes, make sure you're combining protein! your protein combos should balance out if you're eating from all of the food groups though (obviously except meat lol)
    egg sandwich on sprouted/whole grain bread
    tofu veggie scramble
    yogurt with fruit and nuts
    etc.
    beans, rice, eggs, lentils, produce from farmer's markets, buying produce that's in season, couponing, buying in bulk, saving leftovers, checking your local grocery stores to see what deals they have going on (check online), drinking only water, doing your own cooking instead of buying prepared food, baking, etc. will all save you $$$ ! :)