Running in the cold?

Options
13»

Replies

• ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Since you're on a budget, you could get a lightweight jacket to use as an outer layer to block the wind and protect you from precipitation. Not to keep plugging Walmart, but they currently have their windbreakers on clearance. I have 2 of them and have been pleasantly surprised by their ability to keep me warm when layered over a long sleeve top. And they're not terrible to tie around your waist if you need to lose a layer along the way.
  • SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am in CA and we don't get freezing temps too often where we are. Maybe low 30's occasionally. Mostly in the 40's. I, myself, much prefer the cold weather to exercise in. I hate to be hot when I run, walk, anything. I do wear gloves but mostly they will be gone by the time I get done. I think I am weird!
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I love all the recommendations for some affordable gear to start out in!

Old Navy's athletic line is surprisingly good quality for the price. Sale stuff is killer--shorts for $7 and bras for $9 the other day!

I love splurging on running gear because it's so cute, but for simple layering basics, it's great.
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can use many alternative if you don't afford to go for Gym. Like you can walk in stairs,it is also a good substitute of running. If you like dancing so you can dance 1 hour daily. Dancing is a complete exercise for our each and every body parts.
  • cierrashadows
    Options
    Layer! and don't forget hats and gloves! I ran this morning totally underdressed and the last two miles were straight into the wind in which felt like icy needles hitting me. Needless to say, I couldn't feel my ears, hands, or any of my lower body when I got back!