Increasing water intake

Options
K2405
K2405 Posts: 56 Member
I've made a big effort to increase my water intake this week and have upped it by at least a litre per day. I feel really bloated though and am wondering roughly how long it takes your body to get used to the extra fluid and not hold on to it?

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    For the first week or two I feel like I have to pee every 5 min. It may be the same adjustment period for feeling bloated.

You may also want to look at the other factors to water balance in the body. Sodium, magnesium, and potassium. Do you have these in balance?
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Does sound like too much sodium in your diet. I drink 2-3 gallons a day and don't feel bloated unless I drink a few beers.

29509743.png
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed bloating because of drinking water. The only time I feel bloated is when I eat too many high sodium foods.
  • K2405
    Options
    What are high sodium foods?
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    K2405 wrote: »
    What are high sodium foods?

Check your food labels.
    Fast food and restaurant foods tend to be high sodium.
    Canned foods usually are higher in sodium.
  • K2405
    Options
    Strange...generally we don't eat out and I can't remember last time I had fast food. We cook evening meals from scratch and make soups for lunch. The only other thing different this week is I've been having a spoonful of cashew Butter in my cereal for breakfast. Apart from that I've just been drinking more water.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    K2405 wrote: »
    Strange...generally we don't eat out and I can't remember last time I had fast food. We cook evening meals from scratch and make soups for lunch. The only other thing different this week is I've been having a spoonful of cashew Butter in my cereal for breakfast. Apart from that I've just been drinking more water.

What do you use for soup base? Soups, broth, bouillon can be very high sodium.
  • K2405
    Options
    How do you mean? It's literally just veg with stock.