Herbalife, Advocare, or Beachbody?

Options
Let me start by saying if you sell these I would rather hear opinions from customers. Not to be rude but consultants have a reason to push a certain one.

What do you like best taste wise? What seems to be the beat for a breakfast shake?

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You scan buy a meal replacement shake or protein powder off the shelves for a much lower price. There is nothing special about them.

Advocare sells meal replacement shakes but mainly sell supplements so shakes aren't really their "thing".

The only thing I would buy out of all that those 3 companies sell is the Advocare Spark and if I could afford probiotics every day, their probiotics.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    No No and No .. save your money you don't need any of these. They are all overpriced crap.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    How about you try counting calories? for free? eating actual food?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I will go with D - none….

why do you can't you just eat real food and maintain a calorie deficit AND save your money …?
  • Chassity1987
    Options
    I am doing calorie counting but as a single mom of three little girls I don't have a lot of time to make breakfast in the morning (their school serves all kids breakfast) so I was hoping to find something quick and easy. Im trying to stop skipping beeakfast.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Herbalife - overpriced, unflavourful, and plain unpleasant.
    Advocare - never tried
    Shakeology - overpriced, chalky, bad tasting in general, and not worth it

The best and cheapest protein shakes are the ones you make yourself.

none of these are neccessary for weight loss though

Calorie Deficit = Weightloss
  • NurseandMom1981
    NurseandMom1981 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have found just getting the premier protein shakes from sams or Costco is much more cost effective. Ive tried both advocare and herbalife and just wasn't in my opinion worth the money.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I am doing calorie counting but as a single mom of three little girls I don't have a lot of time to make breakfast in the morning (their school serves all kids breakfast) so I was hoping to find something quick and easy. Im trying to stop skipping beeakfast.

Nothing wrong with eating breakfast later in the day.
    Meal timing is personal preference.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

if you can't eat breakast then don't…there is no requirement that you do so …or have some greek yogurt and save the calories for lunch later in the day …

quaker instant takes like two minutes to make and you can add some fruit to it and a bit of protein powder (if you want)…

• GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Why are you trying to stop skipping breakfast?

Eat when you want and not these horrible shakes
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My dad sells Herbalife, I sell Advocare and several friends sell Beachbody Shakeology. In my opinion, the best tasting is Shakeology. I use Herbalife because my dad gives it to me for free...can't beat free.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Forget Herbalife, Advocare, and Shakeology. FYI, I used Shakeology for a couple months and it made me extremely nauseous and overall sick to my stomach. I've heard Herbalife and Advocare have an awful taste/aftertaste. Not to mention it's pricey and your money could be better spent on something that's actually palatable.

Go to GNC and purchase a big tub of protein powder. I like IsoPure. I know a lot of people here like Optimum.

If there are sample packets available, I suggest purchasing a couple so you can try each and see what you like best!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Pardon me for saying so, but as a single mom of three girls, I'm willing to bet your money will go further if you just buy real food instead of shakes from MLM companies.

ETA: There's nothing wrong with skipping breakfast unless it causes you to binge later during the day. Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Also, if you really must have a shake for breakfast, I'd just have a protein shake with milk if I were you. It's not as filling as real food, but it's more bang for your buck than Advocare, Herbalife, or Beachbody.
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options

Forget Herbalife, Advocare, and Shakeology.

Go to GNC and purchase a big tub of protein powder. I like IsoPure. I know a lot of people here like Optimum.

If there are sample packets available, I suggest purchasing a couple so you can try each and see what you like best!

That's another option for the Herbalife, Advocare and Shakeology companies. You can find a distributor and request a sample of each shakes from each company. Most of them will happily send one for free.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    D- None of the above.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Forget Herbalife, Advocare, and Shakeology.

That's another option for the Herbalife, Advocare and Shakeology companies. You can find a distributor and request a sample of each shakes from each company. Most of them will happily send one for free.

Yea request a sample and then be hounded by salespeople.. I don't think so.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    ive only tried herbalife before. my favorite flavors were strawberry and cookies and cream. I thought for a shake it was pretty good and of course you can add fruits to boost flavor. it only worked for me because I was eating only one big meal a day a replacing breakfast and lunch with shakes. lost weight but gained it back once I stopped. im tired of wasting my money on these quick fixes. either im gonna lose the weight on my own or im gonna accept who I am and be done with it all!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My dad sells Herbalife, I sell Advocare and several friends sell Beachbody Shakeology. In my opinion, the best tasting is Shakeology. I use Herbalife because my dad gives it to me for free...can't beat free.

Hey, she said she wanted reviews from actual customers, not distributors. I don't think you qualify to give a non-biased review.
  • DeeVanderbles
    Options

Hey, she said she wanted reviews from actual customers, not distributors. I don't think you qualify to give a non-biased review.
    How is my review biased when I clearly indicate that I prefer the meal replacement shake that doesn't come from the company I'm a distributor for?