Massive binge eating problem...?

Options
The title says it all, I literally have no control over these episodes, they usually occur around exam periods like now, where I'm sat in my room all day. I can consume up to 2000 calories in one go, if I go out for a walk I live near a lot of shops so always end up coming back with loads of junk :(

Has anyone successfully dealt with binge eating problems, how did you do it? This is one of my major obstacles in losing weight, this and having the motivation to exercise!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You might need to talk to someone professional who can help you with this problem...You need to be able to have some self control not to buy that junk and then eat that junk....
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    try this

instead of junk food have a bowl of oatmeal - it will fill you up and release energy over a period of time hopefully stopping the food cravings

break your study into timed slots say 45minutes and at the end of each take a 10-15min break and go for a walk

you may find this settles the bingeing

good luck
  • pumpkinpositive
    Options
    I'd rather not talk to a professional right now but find ways of tackling it myself first then ask for help if it doesn't work out...

Oatmeal idea sounds interesting, I'll see how it works out I can imagine myself not being arsed to cook porridge!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I used to binge eat...

What helped me was finding the motivator. Mine was most likely depression, but when I found myself reaching for the junk food, I'd remind myself I'm not hungry, I'm hurting... Then I'd find a different activity to help.

Today's been hard, it's the anniversary of my father's death... so I've wanted to turn to chocolate a lot today, but instead played with my kids or dogs at those points.

You can kick it, but you have to understand what motivates it first.