thyroid and not losing weight :(

hey guys i exercise 5-6 days a week for 1 hour...but i am stuck at the same weight for months...i do intense cardio...but still not losing any weight...i gained 1 kg this week inspite of being regular with my exercise..i have mild thyroid..i am losing motivation :(

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Can't out exercise excess calories. Are you logging your food and staying at your deficit? It is amazing how little exercise increases total burn. Not that it is not important but we usually overestimate the burn and underestimate the calories in that workout recovery shake.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Lizzy is right about the overestimates of workout calories and the underestimates of food calories. Focus on your diet intensely as well as keep working out (which is great). Often the problem is not properly measuring your food. Try to be strict about that for a bit and see how it works out.

I have Hashimoto's and it doesn't affect my weight as long as I take my thyroid medication. If you've been diagnosed with a failing thyroid, most doctors prescribe medication to fix it. You say you have mild thyroid, so I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean your values are only slightly off and your doctor doesn't think you need medication, then it indeed might affect your ability to lose weight. But probably not significantly if it's mild. Keep an eye on those values; if your labs show your thyroid is not doing its job, talk to your doctor about replacement hormones. Once I was put on the proper medication, I lost weight because my metabolism returned to normal.
  • oh ok thanks...i will consult my doctor again...and try to eat less...will update you in few weeks :)
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Log everything exactly, get blood work done and consult your doctor. Speaking from experience.