30 grams of fiber within 30 minutes...

Options
I recently saw a 'health expert' on one of these talk shows. One of his weight loss tips that kinda made sense was to eat 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up. We all know protein is healthy and it helps build muscle...which also helps fight the fat. But really how many of us actually have time to eat something healthy as soon as we wake up? For me, I'm rushing to get the kids and hubby out the door. I'm lucky to have breakfast before 10am (3 hours after waking up!) My question is, what are some good quick foods to eat that are high in protein?

Sorry about that...I said fiber in the topic but I really meant PROTEIN. It won't let me edit the topic. I've noticed many foods that have protein are also high in fiber so I guess you can answer either way.

Replies

• CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I saw that show too and I was wondering the same thing. So I checked some of the foods we have in the house and cottage cheese has 11g of protein per serving (the individual cups) but I'm with you it's hard to get that much protein (or anything) in the first 30 minutes. I'd like to hear what others say. Good topic.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Protein or fiber?
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I used to put a scoop of vanilla protein powder in my coffee (with 2 TBSP of SF creamer)... YUM!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I can't remember exactly how much protein is in them, but if you picked up some Whey protein powder and just mix it up with water or skim milk that's a good amount of protein right there, and it's easy to get down soon after you wake up.
  • aprilh203
    aprilh203 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My breakfast every morning is a cup of coffee over ice in a blender bottle with a serving of vanilla protein powder. My brand provides 22g of whey protein in one serving. I shake this up and drink it as I get ready for work. It's quick, nutritious and delicious. :)
  • reikimastertchr
    Options
    I recently saw a 'health expert' on one of these talk shows. One of his weight loss tips that kinda made sense was to eat 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up. We all know protein is healthy and it helps build muscle...which also helps fight the fat. But really how many of us actually have time to eat something healthy as soon as we wake up? For me, I'm rushing to get the kids and hubby out the door. I'm lucky to have breakfast before 10am (3 hours after waking up!) My question is, what are some good quick foods to eat that are high in protein?

Your topic says "30 grams of fiber" and yet your quote above says protien... Which are you trying to increase???
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    CallMeMamaBoo Posts: 295
    Options
    I use a double scoop of Jillian Michaels protein powder to get 30g and eat a banana with it on mornings that I struggle with having enough time. Sometimes I do a couple of hard boiled eggs too. I boil up a dozen or so to have ready for the week.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I've started having a protein shake upon waking now so I usually get about 40g for "breakfast". Protein shake 24g plus cereal like weetabix or porridge 15-20g.
    If you're rushed for time, don't normally have much breakfast or don't want the cals of both, a decent protein shake (possibly with milk?) should do the trick :)
  • lots_to_lose
    Options
    I eat a lot of protein and always eat a lot of it at breakfast. My usual breakfast is an omelette made with 1 cup of eggbeaters, 2 frozen turkey sausage links and 2 TBL reduced fat cheese on an english muffin that has 5 grams of protein. The protein total is 41 grams. Then I go shower and after that I have a protein bar with 10-20 more grams of protein. I don't always eat in the first half hour though. I make two omelettes at a time in a big skillet and then eat one and refrigerate the other for the next day. Sometimes I make my double omelette at night so that I have breakfast for the next two days. When I worked I made bunches of them on the weekend and then froze them.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Protein or fiber?

on the show the guy said protein.