How many times per week do you hit the gym?

Options
I usually go to the Gym Monday through Friday but find it hard to fit it in on the weekends. How many times per week do you exercise and do you still see results? I'm wondering if the two days I don't go will hinder my weight loss or stall it all. Any thoughts? I still eat right, but weekends are just so busy!

Replies

• cindylc
    cindylc Posts: 14
    Options
    I have been going 6 days a week, early in the morning. Saturdays are my "rest day" and I sleep in late. I also started doing the 30 Day Shred at home in the evenings, every day.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sat, Sun, Mon, Thurs every week, one random day thrown in, and aerobic step at home on off days.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I hit the Gym, and do Zumba and Cardio on a Elliptical 5 days a week. On my weekends, I make sure I get a hour of Cardio by walking. I take sporatic days off every now and then, but never more than once a week....
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I go 5-6 days a week
    Your body builds and recovers when you rest so as long as you are eating healthy I'm sure you won't hinder your weight loss.
  • Justina224
    Justina224 Posts: 5
    Options
    I go to the gym 4 days/week; but work out at home on the off days alternating weight training and running.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    anywhere from 3 - 6 days a week, haha.

Just depends on what i'm doing on any given day...eg. BIG deadlifts, and i take a day off atleast, sometimes two. my body dictates this. I just do what it tells me! lol.

Last week: monday, tuesday, off wednesday and thursday(though i did a small run), friday, saturday, off sunday (spent two hours on my foam roller!). i'll be there tonight, tomorrow and wednesday, will no doubt need thursday off... :p
  • aeneadelacroix
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed with all the people who go 6 days/week! I do a minimum of three workouts per week - two taekwondo classes and one session of personal training. I'm aiming for 6 days/week but it never happens! I have real trouble motivating myself to go to the gym if it isn't for a class, so if I can't make the times then I just don't go :-( definitely something to work on!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have ballet classes at least 6 days a week, mostly evenings, and go to the gym to warm up for those. I go M, T, W (when I can - it's hard because class starts earlier on that day), TH and F, all before ballet class. Thursdays I go to the gym but not always to a ballet class. Depends on my energy level.

I'm trying to do weights at LEAST M and TH. I have a killer set of classes on Saturday and Sunday, so sometimes will skip the gym as the classes are in the mornings, and I value my sleep time. Often I'll go to the gym AFTER class, though, and make sure to do weights on one of those two days.

Last week, I burned 3300 cals according to my HRM. I allotted 2600 to my exercise calories on WW, though, just to be safe.
  • noworry87
    noworry87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i try to go mon- fri but this is the first week i went ALL seven days ..and loved it :)
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I go 5 days a week. Monday through Friday.
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I work out six days a week cardio + arms and shoulders ..... cardio+ chest and back.....cardio+ legs and abs. i def see and feel a difference. My body wants to be doing something on my day off. Oh and it takes about 2 1/2 hrs each day. I think as long as you eat right and watch your cal intake you'll be good on 5 days
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I do the couch to 10k program 3 days per week. I'm thinking of adding 1 or 2 additional classes per week if i can fit it in (actually, more like if I can find classes I like).
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I also aim for three days a week. I've lost weight slower than I would wish, but it's coming off. And I know that after I lose I might not be motivated to go any more than three days a week anyways. Sometimes I do more than three, sometimes it's less. I don't beat myself up about it though.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Seven, unless something comes up and I have to skip a day.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have been shooting for everyday, but sometimes - I need a rest day, so I take it... I still have right about 50lbs to drop and my focus is fatloss and getting fit.. so I try to do something everyday.

Everyone is individual, test it out for a week or two. if it is working then your fine, if not, you could decide at that point to add something in.

I think it also depends on what kind of workout your getting in 5 days a week.. is a 20 min, 60 min, ...
  • KristinJ637
    Options
    Between 5-7 days a week. I love taking all the classes!!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I never hit the gym. I do all my workouts at home or outside. My doc wants me to exercise at least six days a week. I split up the workouts as my schedule allows--15 min in early AM, 10-15 min at lunch, 15 after work. Just keep moving every day.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I do 3. I'd like to fo 4 and sometimes I do. After I graduate in May I will go more often. My school schedule is crap, then toss in a full time job and being single mom to 3. So I do 3 days and don't feel too bad that it isn't more.
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I used to do 5-6/week, but I graduated (and lost my school gym membership). Now, I don't tend to work out in a gym too much unless it's raining or my knees hurt too much for running. Instead, I play soccer twice a week, walk my dog a few miles every day, and work in a few long jogs every week. On the weekend, I hike and/or mountain bike. I have a weight set at home, but I rarely use it. When I lived in a big city, the gym was my salvation, but now I hate being indoors.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Gym 3-5 days.
    Aerobics on the wii at home every morning (at least I try.)
    Then exercise videos when I have extra time.