Love Peanut Butter? PB2 is a Great Solution...

Options
JoyfulJC
JoyfulJC Posts: 18 Member
We just got back from HyVee and came across this "new" product. Well, it's new for us anyhow. I love love love peanut butter. And for the most part I can include it in my meals, just in moderation. It gets tough though because the calories can sneak up on me and I'd rather add a banana to my PB wrab than have 2 tbsp of peanut butter.

Currently we eat Parker's Creamy. It's all natural and in 2 tbsp contains: 210 calories, 15 fat, zero sugar, 8 protein and 80mg sodium. What I love about it? It's all natural with only peanuts and salt in the ingredients. It must be kept refigerated. But, as I said, that's a lot of calories for a natural PB w/ no added sugar.

Anyhow, we found PB2 which is a powdered peanut butter. Ingredients: roasted peanuts, sugar and salt. Nutrition in 2 tbsp: 45 calories, 1.5g fat, 94 mg sodium, 1 g sugar and 5 g protein. AMAZING!!! To prepare you just add 1 tbsp of water and stir until smooth. We tried it as soon as we got home and it was DELICIOUS!!! You must try this if you love peanut butter and want to keep an eye on your calories/sugar.

I looked up their website and here it is...http://www.bellplantation.com/

Wow, I sound like an infomercial. Haha. But seriously, give it a try! ;)

Replies

• mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow! You found PB2 at Target?!?! I had no idea that they sold it there. I've been ordering it from www.netrition.com. About $3.99 a jar and $4.25 for shipping.
  • tinyintentions
    Options
    That sounds amazing! I'll have to try it as soon as possible ((:
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    I am a huge fan of PB2!!! I just ordered another 4-pack of the chocolate!
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2, but can only find it at specialty stores here, might have to start buying it online!
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2! I add to yogurt, oatmeal, cookies, smoothies, shakes for my kids! It is great!!
  • haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just found it i our local Hy-Vee grocery store (midwest grocery chain) for $4.49 a jar. I added it to a smoothie and it was delish
  • JoyfulJC
    Options
    Wow! You found PB2 at Target?!?! I had no idea that they sold it there. I've been ordering it from www.netrition.com. About $3.99 a jar and $4.25 for shipping.

I mistyped... we got the Peanut Butter at HyVee. We also went to Target today, I got the stores mixed up. Sorry for the confusion!
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow... I have to try this!! I love peanut butter and usually have 1-2 tbsp every day.
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I mistyped... we got the Peanut Butter at HyVee. We also went to Target today, I got the stores mixed up. Sorry for the confusion!

No problem!! I did almost get in the car and drive to Target though. LOL!
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    So have to try this because I LOVE pb! Have you tried the chocolate kind too? Wondering if it's just as good...
  • JoyfulJC
    Options
    So have to try this because I LOVE pb! Have you tried the chocolate kind too? Wondering if it's just as good...
    I have not tried the PB w/ Chocolate but I bet a number of people on MFP have! That's next on my shopping list!
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Oh it is JUST as good, better - since it has chocolate in it! LOL!

I add them both to everything. Thai food, protein shakes, PBJ sammies, apples...
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Wow - this sounds amazing. For my late snack I always have an apple and if I need to catch up on cals - I add Peanut Butter...yum!