Do great during the day, fail at night...

Options
So I'm currently in a police academy which requires me to be in class from 6-10 mon-thurs and saturday mornings. I also work 4 days a week. This means I get up to work out at 6:45, get to work by 8:40, work until 5pm, then drive 45 min to class only to get home at about 10:45. I've been pretty good about eating good during the day and while I'm in class. The problem is when I get home I'm always hungry! I end up eating way more than I should. Anyone have a crazy schedule or long day that has this issue? I've tried eating a big bfast, eatig a normal bfast, eating no bfast, eating dinner later, eating snacks in class, etc. But nothing seems to help the fact I'm always famished when I get home!

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Why can't you save calories for when you get home? I always have a hefty night snack because I prefer it that way.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Looked at your diary, so either you aren't logging the foods you eat at night, or you are eating the majority of your food at night. There is nothing wrong with eating the majority of your calories at night, or all of them for that matter, as long as you are within you caloric limits. It will not hinder weight goals, and if anything, will help you for your morning workouts. If you are consuming over your caloric goals due to being famished, try shifting your calories and leave more for when you get home. With all your runing around during the day, you may not be as hungry. There is no reason to eat lunch if you feel you aren't hungry. You can also increase your calories, and see how that affects you over the next several weeks.