Friends in 50's ??

Options
Okay this is a committment to walk everyday and eat more fruits, veggies, and lean protein. Maybe a little less wine and cheese ;-)

Replies

• Mumzillah
    Options
    I am 49 - does that count?
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    49 here.... Better than I have been in 25 years!!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I was in until I saw less wine. :wink:

Seriously though. I'm 50. I've lost 65 lbs and kept it off for about a year. I'm pretty active (cycling and running). My diary is open. (But please don't look to it for advice- I pretty much eat whatever I want in smaller portions.) I am healthier than I have ever been.

Always welcome new friends.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and down about 60 pounds in the last year and a couple months. Still tracking because I need some accountability for myself. Friend requests accepted! B)
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate to say it I past 50 years ago, but I am going pretty strong with working out and fitness.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    53 and working on my last 12 but will need to keep at it for life. I expect I'll be here for a long time so the weight doesn't come back.
  • AcadianRedneck
    AcadianRedneck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    50 yrs young here.
    I signed up on MFP last week.
    Have dropped 22lbs and my goal is to drop another 5, but I seem to be stuck ... hoping that by signing up here I'll be able to figure out a way.
    Walking lots, and unfortunately I too had to cut down on the Beer & Wine. :'(
  • massey654
    Options
    Just starting hope to lose 20 lbs!
  • white951
    white951 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 53 and just starting out with MFP. So far I love it although I still have questions about it. My goal is to lose 100 lbs in a year maybe less. I have really kicked up my activity and am trying to make a lot of small changes. I have lost 10 lbs in the last month. I never had a weight problem until I hit my 30's and quit smoking. I quickly substituted food for nicotine and have gained 100 lbs in 20 years. It's really not hard to do when you simply give in to stress eating and stop caring. It's time for a drastic change in my life. I want to feel good again. I want to go one day without being depressed about how I look. I want to go clothes shopping from the "cute and flattering" rack and not the "shoot they don't have this in a big enough size for me" rack! My son and my daughter are both getting married next year and I want to look slim and healthy in those pictures. So that's me. I need lots of support and friends!
  • MerileeBC
    Options
    Hi I'm 55 also and hope to get back to my pre children weight which is around 150. So lots to lose here and I hope I can find some support here and be of some support to you all as well.
  • merc1958
    Options
    Hi...I'm new here...56 years old and overweight...been tracking for about 3 weeks now and went back to the gym and feeling good about things. I have about 60 to 70 lbs to lose. Like white951 really want to start shopping in the "cute and flattering" section and not the "FAT LADY STORE" as I call it.
    Would appreciate support, friendship and motivation
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    If I did this every one of you can!
  • KathySRW
    KathySRW Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 last weekend, and I just sent add requests to you all. I have lost 8 pounds in the last 2 months, and hope to lose 12 more.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 -- happy to give and get support. Feel free to add me.
  • JohnK580
    JohnK580 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 52 as well. Feel free to add me too.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Another 49 year old 50 in June. Only have a few lbs to lose but the hardest ones. More fitter and active than in my teens. Feel free to add me anybody
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and I have a lot of weight to lose. I joined MFP a long time ago but never took it seriously. I've started my journey again and I'm slowly making the necessary changes instead of jumping in full force. It is just too much to try and change everything all at once. I now weight myself at the end of every month and I look back at all that took place to see where I can improve. This seems to work for me. I became a scale junkie, checking it every single day. I don't knock myself for having any "forbidden fruits" I enjoyed them so I leave it at that. I just note it and try to understand why I wanted them and what I can do to prevent wanting them again. So far it's working and I'm improving everyday... Add me if you like.
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm still in my 50's, check in here every day, workout all the time and still enjoy a glass of wine. Add me if you like.
  • gsnobel
    gsnobel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Everyone can do this and we can all help each other. Anyone can add me if they wish. Good luck to all.
  • Loz220662
    Loz220662 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    HI I'm 52 years young, and been here for 11 months and yoyo'd down & back up ot 20lbs over, trying hard again. Add me as a friend, (and I cant believe a I'm saying this) as I'm an older statesman here. Support given & welcome.