Buddies: Extreme Weight Loss?

Hi there everyone, I just started trying to lose weight two weeks ago and I've lost ten pounds so far. I've been eating healthier and watching my calories with the Myfitnesspal app on my phone, and I've also started working out for 25 minutes a day 5 days a week. Is anyone else here trying to lose an extreme (over 100 lbs?) amount of weight? I know it is going to take me a long time to reach my goal, and I don't want to get demotivated. I'm looking for a weight loss buddy. Is anyone interested? I'm a 26 year old female from the US if it even matters.

Thanks in advance!
Teresa

Replies

• Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Hey there!
    I'm Dan and I'm from the UK. I started my journey at 346lb and I'm down to 240lb now. Honestly, the hardest bit is starting out. I'd say the first month when you are making the change and getting into the routine are the trickiest you will face. Once you're past that stage, everything becomes second nature and you become a machine! You laugh at the foods that used to tempt you, you wouldn't dream of skipping a work-out and you actually look forward to that run you used to curse.

You really can do it! You may have days where you slip up and eat a pizza or drink a whole bottle of coke but you should expect that of yourself, the biggest thing is how you move on from it and how you get back on the wagon and continue to smash it! People may try and tempt you or tell you how you'll never do it but turn that negativity into energy, throw it in their face! When people can't do something themselves, they're going to tell you that you can't do it. *kitten* those people, you CAN do this and you WILL love yourself for it!

If you ever need words of encouragement, advice or just someone to talk to and get your mind off of things. Send me a message, I'm always happy to help!!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Dan has some great advice! I am maintaining now, but lost 125. Getting past the first months is the toughest until you make it a habit. Also like he already said, just remember you will occasionally fall off the wagon, this is NOT a reason to give it up, it just being human. You might also lose your motivation sometime. The trick is you do it whether you feel motivated or not. Having a lot to lose can be overwhelming. Just take it a day at a time, a pound at a time.
  • Magadelana
    Magadelana Posts: 12 Member
    I am just starting out too....again! My friend who has been a personal trainer amoung other things old me that I need to lose 200 pounds. I would love a buddy and I'm always available for a chat. I do know that we can do this....its just doing it!
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Hi, I also recently joined myfitnesspal and need to lose a significant amount of weight. I'd love to be your weight loss buddy :smile:
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Go Dan!!!!! couldn't have worded it better , I have had 3 children and I can do it really anyone can
  • Feel free to add me as well, I haven't got a set amount to lose I'm just going to stop when I like what it I see in the mirror

I'm always around for a chat and will try to help where I can
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Anyone can feel free to add me! I'm always looking for more motivating friends :)
  • CamoteKid
    CamoteKid Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me! I've just lost ten pounds and I have about 150 to lose! I've been looking for buddies and accountability partners and I'm always available for chats and emails!
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    I've lost almost half of the 180 pounds I plan to lose. Dan is exactly right... really, the only way you can fail is to quit (which I did approximately 12 zillion times before this).

Feel free to add me, any of you. :-)
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    I have lost 75 pounds so far. 125 more to go. I started at 364 pounds. Starting was easy for me. These past few months have been hard. Anyone is free to add me (:
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Im 26 and have lost over 100 pounds and still have 85 to go. Ive gone from 350 to 235. feel free to add me
  • CamoteKid
    CamoteKid Posts: 4 Member
    I just want to say that everyone who is posting here, just starting out, mid way through or maintaining is AWESOME. You guys are already super motivating!
  • Peaceful_
    Peaceful_ Posts: 33 Member
    hello im 25 i kinda fell of the wagon there for a few.... but i need to lose 100 pounds if not alittle more.. could use a friend with the same goal feel free to add me
  • Ben2055
    Ben2055 Posts: 96 Member
    Hey there!
    I'm Dan and I'm from the UK. I started my journey at 346lb and I'm down to 240lb now. Honestly, the hardest bit is starting out. I'd say the first month when you are making the change and getting into the routine are the trickiest you will face. Once you're past that stage, everything becomes second nature and you become a machine! You laugh at the foods that used to tempt you, you wouldn't dream of skipping a work-out and you actually look forward to that run you used to curse.

You really can do it! You may have days where you slip up and eat a pizza or drink a whole bottle of coke but you should expect that of yourself, the biggest thing is how you move on from it and how you get back on the wagon and continue to smash it! People may try and tempt you or tell you how you'll never do it but turn that negativity into energy, throw it in their face! When people can't do something themselves, they're going to tell you that you can't do it. *kitten* those people, you CAN do this and you WILL love yourself for it!

If you ever need words of encouragement, advice or just someone to talk to and get your mind off of things. Send me a message, I'm always happy to help!!

Heya, I can relate to Dan here. I started at 290lbs and now at 180, I am a 20 year old male (started at 19).

It is possible! You just need to be patient, like he said if you slip up, learn from it and move on. Dedication and persistence are the two key mentalities for losing a, as you would put it "extreme" amount of weight.

Goodluck!
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    I started out at 220 and my goal is to weigh 120... so my goal is to lose 100lbs total. As of this morning I weigh 191.00 so 29lbs lost. Be patient! Weight loss will slow down and maybe stop for a bit and then woosh.. you'll see a nice loss again. For me the key to success so far is just never giving up.

Feel free to add me. We can encourage each other on our journey!

• hoshizoraaaa
    hoshizoraaaa Posts: 54 Member
    HIHI, Im working towards a 100lb+ to lose goal as well! :)
    I'll add you if u neeed anymotivation! the more the merrier!

i'm 120 away from my ultimate goal weight. :)<3
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    I am another with a lot to lose... I agree with all PP. Never give up, just log it and get right back to it. You CAN do this!!!!!!
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Me too! I've lost now about halve the weight I want to. In total about 150 pounds. Feel free to add me
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    I'm looking to lose around 117 pounds total and I've lost 5.4 so far. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Hello! I have about 150 to lose. I just started last week. I would love to gather a tribe of people around me who are committed to checking in and providing support. Please friend me!