eating night calories?

Options
So the other day I did a lot of walking and a really intensive workout. I was pretty much hungry throughout the entire day and ate a decent amount but when it came to night time, I still had a 500 calorie deficit. If it's already like 9:30 or 10pm and I just plan to lay around and watch movies until I sleep around midnight, should I just forget about those calories or still try to eat some of them?

My problem is that I usually don't wake up until like 9:30-10 am and then i'm not hungry at all. So I don't eat my first meal until 11 and it's usually fairly small. Then I'll workout in the afternoon and i'm usually really hungry after that and go get something to eat after my workout around 3ish. Then i'll eat dinner around 6-7 and be full for a couple hours. However, at this point, I usually have an extra 300-600 calories left for the day and around 9-10 i'll start to get hungry again but it's pretty much the end of the day and i'm not going to do anything but lay down and watch tv.

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter. If it were me and I had some calories left over and I was watching a movie, it'd be popcorn!

Eat when you want as long as you have calorie available.
  • mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry and you have the calories left, eat them! :) I eat more calories after my kids go to bed (no thievery, ha) then I do from the time I wake up in the morning until dinner, some days. And it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm less hungry on big workout days and more hungry (usually) the next day. So if I don't feel like I eating, I don't. It will hit me the next day. :)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I see no reason to force yourself to eat.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It makes no difference what time you eat.