Cant eat enough???

Options
HI guys

Yesterday was the first day I took MFP seriously in conjunction with Insanity. I aim to end the day with 1800

Yesterday was 'Cardio Recovery' day so I only burned 380 cal ( I assumed 10% would have burnt off without exercise so added 342 to MFP), I use a HRM

I added all food and teas/ coffee consumed and came up short by 362 calories.

I felt like I eat like a pig towards the end, I know now to better spread the meals/ snacks.

yesterday for brekkie I had grilled pork loin, slice of wholemeal toast and a tomato (215 cal)
lunch was pork loin, rocket lettuce, tomato, beetroot, boiled potatoes (333 cal)
dinner was chicken breast, 3 egg ommlette (1 full egg, 2 egg whites) with mushroom, pepper and onion. As my caloreis were still low I bumped that up with 120g of cooked couscous. (total diner - 566 cal)

I snacked on fruit (apple, banana, dried goji berries, tangerine, flaxseed, cabbage, cucumber, blueberries, mango, pineapple, yoghurt and another pork loin, cashew nuts. the majority of the snack list was in the form of a smoothie. total snack calories - 674.

total calories consumed - 1788, total exercise 350.

That was a genuine struggle on a day where Insanity was massively toned down, I typically burn off 800 cal in one work out!!! how can I get closer to my required calories??

Today as an example:

Breakfast - porridge (304 cal)
lunch - tuna salad with potaoes (318 cal)
Dinner - (tbc) lets say 600 cal
snacks - fruit, nuts (438 cal)

That leaves me with 140 calories for the day to hit my goal until I do Insanity by when I will have a deficit of circa 940 calories!!!!

I thought I could bump up with a snack after work (before exercise) of wholemeal bagel with low fat cream cheese and smoked salmon but that's not going to get me anywhere near my target!!!

On top of that MFP has told me I consume too much sugar, I put sugar in my porridge (2 tea spoons), other than that its from fruit which in todays case is apple, banana, dried goji (10g) and tangerine. I also have 30g of cashew nuts.

With so little fruit how am I having to much sugar???? I don't add sugar to anything!!!

thanks in advance for your help

Nick

Replies

• 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    disregard the sugar. The limit mfp tells you is for refined sugar but it counts fruit as well. So don't worry!

Also why are you not just eating the whole egg? 3 eggs is a lot more calories than 1 egg + 2 egg whites. Apart from that add more nut butters, avocados and other calorie dense foods.
    I also find chocolate and ice cream are great to bump up calories...
  • N1ckL12
    N1ckL12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks 89nunu

I forgot to add to my post that I would rather eat my own vomit than peanut butter!!!!

I only had 1 egg as I am concerned with the cholesterol. I love eggs and eat them regularly. Last week I had 2 eggs (whole) for breekie everyday!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Change sugar to fibre - no point tracking sugar unless you have a medical reason

eggs and cholesterol - wasn't that link disproven ages ago?

have the whole egg
    eat peanut butter, chocolate, ice cream