Who wants to Burn off the "goo" with P90x ?

Options
I have been at P90x for a little over a month now and I have lost almost 8 pounds and over 7 inches so far! My husband just decided that he wants to join in on P90x with me because he has a Police Physical Exam in July. So we are re-starting the program together, and I want to see if anyone else is interested in joining me! Let me know because we will be starting tomorrow on 5/2/11 :happy:

Replies

• Hunnieshadow
    Options
    I'll join in, I just started today!!! Felt awesome!!
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    im so tempted to buy p90x! i hurt my knee and have been doing physical therapy for it. im doing much better, but im afraid p90x may not be good for my knee,.. would you say its hard on your knees?
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great! :smile: Yeah it is an AMAZING program that gets you amazing results!
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I started on 4/11 but had to blow off the last 3 days because I had to go to an out of town funeral. Ready to get back into it tomorrow, 5 AM. :happy:
  • coyote911
    coyote911 Posts: 1
    Options
    P90x is awesome. I lost 18 lbs in the 12 weeks. BUT, when you quit, if you are are doing the nutrition plan you have to cut that back....I packed on 25 in 3-4 months from metabolism being high and continuing to eat more and not doing anything..... I would start again, but going to try Insanity for more cardio.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It didn't mess with my knee- Insanity would though! P90X can be done with some modifications if necessary. Go for it.
  • Bakins929
    Options
    The Plyometric disc can be pretty rough on your knees, but you can do modified versions of the exercises, they show how to do a lower impact version in the videos. The other discs, at least the ones I have done, are not that bad on your knees.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i plan to restart p90x tomorrow so i'm in! i also do extra cardio with it. let's do it! :happy:
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am SOO happy to see everyone who wants to join in! :bigsmile: This is going to be awesome! :) If we all stick with it we will have AWESOME results! :smile:
  • Asphaltcowgirlx
    Options
    Meeeee!!!!

I started P90x Back in Feb and I LOVED IT! - Though I ended up stopping because I started a new job and I was so extremely sore and tired because my job is physical labor and by the end of the day I was dead and still trying to get in the swing of things. Now tat school is ending and i'm comfortable in my job I'm willing to start the journey and succeed. My Wedding is New Years Eve so I have exactly 8 months to get my butt in gear!!!! Let's do this!! :)
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    im so tempted to buy p90x! i hurt my knee and have been doing physical therapy for it. im doing much better, but im afraid p90x may not be good for my knee,.. would you say its hard on your knees?

I would not let fear of knee pain hold you back from giving this a try. I am just at the end of Week 4. I have knee that just feels kind of weak and a big toe (same side) that gives me fits. I modify what I do not feel capable of doing and have not injured myself yet. You just have to listen to your body, like with any exercise!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

P90X has a lean version within the program that I would recommend that you start with. The workouts actually made my knees stronger.
  • Hunnieshadow
    Options
    How did it go today? I am on day 2 and did the Plyo, I find the dude very annoying and takes to many talk pauses with his group between the workouts, not during break time, but just in between the little workouts. But hey, if he can get my body looking good I'll live with it.
  • Bakins929
    Options
    For those looking for a good way to keep track of your P90X progress, google "P90X Advanced Excel Worksheets". There are a few out there that will setup your routines for you each day, allow you to log each exercise and give you cool graphs, fat calculators, etc. Much better than a paper copy, IMHO.
    There is also a program called XtremeFit Tracker that seems to provide even more, but it's not free...
  • mnm_220
    mnm_220 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started the classic version yesterday but I want to try the lean version. It should be ok to start day 1 of lean right?
  • mnm_220
    Options
    Hello! I'm in and new to this site. How do we keep in contact as a group with this thread?
  • Hunnieshadow
    Options
    Just by writing on the thread you can keep track of it. Just go to the MY TOPICS on the top of the page and it'll show up on there!
  • mnm_220
    Options
    Thank you