How to jugle time???

Options
Alright, I need advice!!! I'm struggling with working 36+ hours a week, full time student in school, family, my two kids, everything. I want to join our gym here at work, but I'm affraid I will put the money into it and never go! How can I jugle everything?? Any advice for the busy??

Replies

• MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    BUMP! I'm in the same boat. I start working full time tomorrow!
  • abaker768
    abaker768 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's like, damn, where do I fit this in???
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Joining the gym at work sounds like a good idea -- it cuts down on travel time, and you might be able to squeeze in a workout during your lunch hour -- even 20 minutes can make a huge difference.
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    That's a good idea. I also figure I can go work out after they go to bed (or right before that hectic bed time!) We'll do as good as we can, and it will get easier with time I suppose. :happy:
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well I work full time and have part time job as well. Plus I have 2 kids under age 3 and husband, house and 5 cats, and 3 dogs.

Its hard to work out with so much going on.

But I do get 2- 15 min breaks at work. I started walking, and now I run most days. right there is 30 min of exercise, and it didn't cut into family time.

I also try to workout in the morning. even if its only 10 min while kids are eating breakfast.

And my favorite, is going for bike rides in evenings as a family. the kids enjoy the ride, I'm doing something with my husband and getting exercise as well. We love it!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I work 40 hrs a week, and attend college full time. It is easy for me to fit in exercise time but I am lazy so it doesn't always happen. I wish I could give you advice on how to manage time for you, but I care for myself, and sometimes my boyfriend and our cat. Children are a whole different story :( No idea what to suggest simply because I have never been in your place.

I do, however, have folks on my friends list who seem to handle their time ok even with full time work and little ones! It is rough when you have so much going on, but take things 1 step at a time and hopefully you will see a schedule fall into place.
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great way to start. Trying taking stairs at work & school or go for a walk at your breaks & lunch time.
    Pack healthy snacks & lunches so you are not tempted to use vending machines or fast food.
    Hope this will get you started on you way to a Healther you.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1755266.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • abaker768
    abaker768 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well, I live in a very SMALL town, and work straight night turns. Our gym isn't open all night or I would go durring my breaks!! I'm thinking I may go before or after work on non-class days, and I'm thinking I might enroll my husband too. I also have 2 children under the age of 3, a dog, and husband!
  • lindsaybecca
    lindsaybecca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I can't workout with the kids napping or coloring or whatever, I usually do something they can do with me.... They are becoming really flexible with yoga and when they get bored with what I am doing (10 min) they are out of my hair!! LOL The gym sounds like a good idea since you spend majority of your time at work anyway... Hope you will figue it out! Love ya lish!