If you're worried about losing / not losing

Options
Sued0nim
Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
edited November 2014 in Getting Started
And you don't believe people telling you weight loss is not linear and not to worry if the scale doesn't go down each week; weight fluctuates for all manner of reasons; just stick to your defecit and it'll work.

I just wanted to show you this

Over 1 week
bbvj2ghpsbsd.jpg

Over 1 month
n1v2z4lbfv6p.jpg

Over 6 months
nsmjvqysgw0m.jpg

Replies

• Sued0nim
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hope it helps someone keep on keepin' on
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Wonderful illustration of why we shouldn't stress about day-to-day (or even week-to-week) changes and why we should worry more about our trends over time. Thank you for this!!! I hope it helps someone, too.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Love this- although I KNOW this is true, it helps to see a graph that is six months in. Thanks!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm relatively new so I don't have that long-term perspective...yet!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Oh you're very welcome - I do hope it helps

I'm sure others have very similar pathways - fits and starts, sticking points and whooshes

it surprised me at first - but meh ... patience is the key if you keep on doing what you know you should

good luck all
  • audsLDN
    audsLDN Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I already knew this but so helpful to see someone's results. Feels so much better knowing this could be my progress in the long term. Thanks!
  • kelly39014
    kelly39014 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yea I gained .2 lbs last night
  • kelly39014
    kelly39014 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! We all "know" this, but it's good to be reminded. Ooooh, I just looked at my 6 month graph. Yep, it's still good to remind ourselves of the big picture.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    yeah! love this! I use weightgrapher.com to record my weight every morning and I love watching the fluctuations.

this is mine over the course of the past month, but can't figure out how to display it directly into the post. http://i.imgur.com/zSIikh6.png
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. It's true and I hope it helps others understand that weight can flex from day to day due to waste and water retention.
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This does help a lot. I just looked back at my graph over the last year and am now back (within a few pounds) of where I was last November. I dropped quite a bit in February/March due to major stress (new job, house sale, move to a new state, etc.). My problem is I liked how low I got weight wise and I loved how I looked, even though I wasn't healthy and I want to get back there or lower. Fortunately, I refuse to resort to unhealthy measures to do it and I refuse to be hungry, but I don't know if I'll ever see that number again. Any tips for embracing the slightly higher, healthier weight? Yep, I'm a number on the scale type of person, though I am working on trying to change that.
  • Falcon
    edited November 2014
    Options
    wendy0210 wrote: »
    This does help a lot. I just looked back at my graph over the last year and am now back (within a few pounds) of where I was last November. I dropped quite a bit in February/March due to major stress (new job, house sale, move to a new state, etc.). My problem is I liked how low I got weight wise and I loved how I looked, even though I wasn't healthy and I want to get back there or lower. Fortunately, I refuse to resort to unhealthy measures to do it and I refuse to be hungry, but I don't know if I'll ever see that number again. Any tips for embracing the slightly higher, healthier weight? Yep, I'm a number on the scale type of person, though I am working on trying to change that.

Well if you eat above your MBR and what mfp allots you should put on the weight.

My friend found herself in an unhealthy weight loss because she was very sick at the time and it took her a long time to recover the weight.

She found avacadoes with hamburger patties did the trick, but it took her a long time.
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »
    wendy0210 wrote: »

Well if you eat above your MBR and what mfp allots you should put on the weight.

My friend found herself in an unhealthy weight loss because she was very sick at the time and it took her a long time to recover the weight.

She found avacadoes with hamburger patties did the trick, but it took her a long time.

I understand that. I should clarify that I dropped below my goal weight and am now within a few pounds/maintenance level of goal, not that I've gained more of the initial weight lost back. I was so unhealthy and don't know if I could get to that low of a number again in a healthy way, but I loved it for the short time I got there. Hope that helps clarify a bit. My body composition has changed and I have lost inches, so I'm not packing weight back on again.
  • Falcon
    Options
    nevermind. I misunderstood