Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 24

Options
Good morning! What does everyone have planned for their exercising today? Something fun that will make you strong and fit, I hope! I've got another day ahead without my hubby - he has hockey again. :grumble: Not that I wouldn't be right out there playing hockey with him if I possibly could!

Last night I rode my bike for 36 minutes at a moderate level, did the Latin Funk Dance Fitness dvd, & I drank my 8 waters. I only have 3 more stickers to earn today and then my chart will be full! I'm so proud of myself! Who knew that a sticker chart was what I needed to meet and exceed my fitness challenge goals!?

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a healthy Thursday everyone!
:heart: Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning! What does everyone have planned for their exercising today? Something fun that will make you strong and fit, I hope! I've got another day ahead without my hubby - he has hockey again. :grumble: Not that I wouldn't be right out there playing hockey with him if I possibly could!

Last night I rode my bike for 36 minutes at a moderate level, did the Latin Funk Dance Fitness dvd, & I drank my 8 waters. I only have 3 more stickers to earn today and then my chart will be full! I'm so proud of myself! Who knew that a sticker chart was what I needed to meet and exceed my fitness challenge goals!?

Have a healthy Thursday everyone!
    :heart: Niccole
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have plans to do Tai Chi for 2 hours this afternoon, row on the rowing machine for 30 minutes and take a walk at lunch time (if the weather works out...it's suppose to rain today). I'm going to try some new dance steps that I saw some others doing at my friends house and I hope to be able to make a new exercise program for myself out of dancing. I love to dance! Positive thoughts to everyone.....hugs from kckat96:heart::happy:
  • thummell
    Options
    What are stickers?
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I did the Hip Hop Abs Total Body Burn. Gonna do that for a couple more days & then get back into the Biggest Loser again. Everyone have a healthy day!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I did Tae bo for an hour this morning, including abs/glutes. I also have to go to the store, do laundry and try to get some house work done! So I will be busy today. I'm pretty lazy so it seems I'm doing a lot but when I read that other people are working out for 90 minutes or two hours, I wonder if I'm doing enough. It's working for me. Maybe I just need to work up to that long. :tongue:
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This morning I did weights (shoulders & bi-ceps) for 40 min.

Then I hit the treadmill for 4 miles and did the stairmaster for 20 min. My goal was burn about 700 calories doing cardio.

Has anyone found a good website for estimated how many calories you burn lifting weights?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is spinning with my favorite teacher:heart: ...it's amazing how much difference a motivator makes!

And, a forty minute walk.

My chart is almost full! And, when I remember to take my vitamins, I feel lots better.

I'm already planning on what to put on my next chart. I'm sticking with my current one for 21 days, which I've heard is how long it takes to get into a habit. Thanks for the idea Niccole!

Happy Thursday, workerouters!

:flowerforyou:
  • NTBoard
    Options
    What are stickers?

It was just something silly that I came up with... I made a chart on Excel with the days of the week across the top and three daily goals down the side - "Ride Bike", "DVD/Show", & "8 Waters". Then, as I do each item in a day I put a sticker in the box. If I earn 20 stickers (out of 21) I get to buy a new piece of clothing. I just needed a visual reminder and motivater to get myself back on track exercise wise and with drinking my water. I am keeping these goals for 2 weeks and then I am changing them to "Ride Bike ~ DVD/Show", "8 Waters", "Vitamins & Meds". It's tough requiring myself to ride my bike plus do an additional workout everyday so I'm going to do it for 2 weeks to get myself on track and then I will back off of that some and just require at least one or the other. Anyway, it sounds like a few other people have adopted this idea. Maybe they can share what's on their charts as well!

Niccole
  • NTBoard
    Options
    Arianne ~ Just wanted to say that I'm so glad your son is past that high fever! 104 is really high! My little guy is on the mend as well. He's not well yet but he is better. Gentle (((HUGS))) and sleep filled wishes for you!

Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Alas all I got yesterday was a 30 minutes incline walk. I was supposed to teach yoga, but all I did was corpse pose on the couch (I'm sure something is lost in translation for corpse pose - who would name an asana after a dead body?) Anyway, I must have had a food reaction yesterday because, drum roll please, I couldn't eat much. We think it is the Barley Malt in the cereal - it's happened before when I switched cereals - no other illness symptoms like aches, fever, etc.

Today still feeling uncomfortable in the stomach region. Will keep it to simple walking.

Next month I'm going to try putting my fork down between bites for 5 seconds for lunch and dinner.
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Just got back on track, been sick the past few days:sick:. Went to the gym and did the bike, treadmill and eliptical for 30 min each. I feel good now!:bigsmile:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I got to swim today for the first time in about 7 years! I met a couple of my students who will probably be joining us soon on MFP and we made it through an hour of various strokes, pull bouy, kick board & treading. It felt sooooo good :happy: We'll see if I can do it again tomorrow!

Niccole, thanks for the concern. :heart: We think in additon to ear infection #9 since august, that he has a stomach bug, and is working on his two-year molars. Hence the insane fever that comes & goes even with antibiotics. Has topped out at 100.5 last 24 hours, and the rash is gone so that's good. At least I've gotten to count some serious clingy "child-carrying" calories this week! :drinker:

Now if we can just get him through the night. I wanted to start getting up early, but not 3am! :laugh:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I work in a building with a lot of floors. I take the stairs often, but today my goal is to walk from the first floor to the 14th floor. I can do it because I've done it many times before. The goal is to do it atleast 3 times today. I'm meeting up with family this weekend and I may need those extra earned calories I can eat. hehe:tongue: