Feeling flu like symptoms after a workout?

Mommy2JLS
Mommy2JLS Posts: 15
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I am just wondering if anyone here has any reasons or experienced this themselves. I just went for a run tonight, I come home and instantly I have chills and other flu like symptoms. Does anyone know what this is, or has anyone else had this?

Replies

• jaymark
    jaymark Posts: 18 Member
    After a good hard work out I have experienced the same thing. It passes quickly or you have the flu...:wink: . I think its a mix of low blood sugar levels and adrenalin
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    It could be that your body, in the process of burning fat, released some stored toxins. It should pass soon.. Drink lots of water!
  • RadicalCharlie
    RadicalCharlie Posts: 123 Member
    Your body may just be releasing toxins.

I always sneeze constantly after I'm done working out.
  • feliciapeters
    feliciapeters Posts: 525
    do u eat before? maybe a small snack 1/2 hourish before you run? and lots of water
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Do you cool down after you run? Some people don't need to, and myabe you are, but try to decrease your intensity from run to jog to walk until your heart rate returns to normal. Eat immediately after (protein and carbs) and hydrate. If you are doing all these things already, see a doctor as you may be having heart troubles.
  • Mommy2JLS
    Last night was horrible, had the chills and bad cramps..I usually do hard workouts (Boot camp) but this running made me instantly sick. I didn't drink enough water while I was running, that was for sure!! I need to buy one of those packs you can wear while you are running. Even this morning, I had to get up and take cold and sinus meds to try and stop the chills I feel :-(.

Toxins definitely would make sense, it was the second I stopped that I felt horrible. I also was stretching and stuff, but maybe I stopped too early and didn't cool down enough first. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Yep...when I first started working out in the summer. My calorie intake was low(hence the sugar situation mentioned earlier) as well as not drinking enough water. Several sites mentioned that this "chills" effect is due to dehydration. My feelings are the combination of sugar imbalance and low water intake. Definitely agree with the snack afterwards.

The feeling is so weird...had to cover up with a couple of blankets or hit a warm shower to go away..made me super sleepy too. The good news is that it will go away after awhile...I dealt with it for a little over a month.
  • Mommy2JLS
    It is a weird feeling for sure!! I had to do the same thing, went into the bath and then ended up going to bed really early! My hubby was so mad at me!!. I will make sure I grab a water bottle holder this week, so I can drink lots on my run.
This discussion has been closed.