Where to put iphone/ ipod??

Options
I have always struggled with where to hold my iphone while working out. I use it to listen to music - so I would like to sort out a solution. While on the treadmill, I use the cup holder- that's not an issue- but it's more so when I am lifting weights and I have to try to stick it in the band of my pants while I lift, or just don't listen to music at all.

What do people think of armbands ? Do they work well or do they restrict while lifting, and feel bulky?
I also saw a band that you can put around your waist to hold your ipod.. ?

Just looking for some insight, thank you in advance!

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I dislike an armband when lifting.
    Nature's pocket.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I make sure my shorts have pockets

29509743.png
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I used an armband for a while but I don't like the feel of them, plus I would always rip the earbuds out of my ears when I was working with dumbbells. My hubby got me a nice set of bluetooth headphones for my birthday that I LOVE. Now I just set my phone on the floor or on a bench when I'm doing weights.
    These are the ones I use: http://www.jlabaudio.com/collections/bluetooth
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority, I've never had an issue with the armband and prefer it when lifting, running, jumping rope, etc.. I previously had the belt clip but that felt a little too bulky on gym shorts.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    If you don't like an armband, try a Spibelt. It goes around your waist and easily fits a phone and keys. Or as someone else mentioned, bluetooth earbuds. Look at the reviews though, I bought a pair off Amazon and they were total junk.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I dislike armbands- I've moved away from them and I just stuff it in my sports bra.
    - holds up reasonably well to all lifting- and jump roping.

It doesn't not hold up to burpees or box jumps- but I don't care so much about that so I just take it off and that's that.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have always struggled with where to hold my iphone while working out. I use it to listen to music - so I would like to sort out a solution. While on the treadmill, I use the cup holder- that's not an issue- but it's more so when I am lifting weights and I have to try to stick it in the band of my pants while I lift, or just don't listen to music at all.

What do people think of armbands ? Do they work well or do they restrict while lifting, and feel bulky?

Just looking for some insight, thank you in advance!

You might try blue tooth ear buds. With that you could simply set your phone on the floor (or in the cup holder) while lifting.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I have a FuelBelt waistpack. I wanted to be able to bring my phone AND keys when I went running so an armband wasn't going to cut it. I also have a removable water bottle which is a nice accessory. I can bring it or leave it if I'm only walking the dog. So, its a versatile option if you like to incorporate other activities into your workout routine.

The only downside is that you can't access your phone without unzipping the pack and taking it out. So you either need to have a good playlist or resist the urge skip songs on Pandora.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I dislike armbands- I've moved away from them and I just stuff it in my sports bra.

It doesn't not hold up to burpees or box jumps- but I don't care so much about that so I just take it off and that's that.

this.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I used to put mine in my bra, wedge it in there it stayed fine even when running, though would come out sweaty =P I recently got bluetooth ear buds and it's been soooo worth it, so now I put my phone on a table when lifting, or in my belt when running outside.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Blutooth headphones and leave my phone in the locker. Don't have to deal with the phone then.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I really like my armband. Bluetooth headphones would be nice too, but you still have to have the phone/ipod close by.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I use a sun visor with the iPod shuffle I bought specifically becuase I hate having the phone on the armband and it gives dreadful tan lines in the summer. I clip the shuffle to the visor peak and the tuck the wire into the band. Works perfectly.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    In my bra for most lifts - I tuck it behind my back for bench
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    In my bra for most lifts - I tuck it behind my back for bench
    Oh good call.

I go 2/3 of the way through my workout with it in my bra- shoved a little higher and to the left.. then when I'm well into working sets- since I lift alone- I take it out completely- I don't want to crush it for a potential roll of shame.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I totally put my iPod in my bra, too.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    pick up a secondhand ipod shuffle, clip it to your shirt, leave the phone in your locker.
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I bought a bumbag to put my phone in - worked pretty well :) I did try in my bra but it would bounce out while I was jogging so I ended up running along clutching my bosom as though I was about to keel over
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I actually bought a small iPod shuffle for this purpose exactly! It is super tiny and I can just clip it on my shirt or sleeve and be done with it!

Please for the love of everything do not stick it in the back of you shorts! I keep watching this lady stick hers in the back of her shorts, seriously she might be using it as a crack cover. To watch her take her phone out and put it up to her face for a call is about all I can take! My husband keeps telling me to mind my business but I sort of think it might be a health risk!