Looking for friends with PCOS

Options
Hello,

I'm looking to add some friends who have managed PCOS through diet (low carb, paleo, etc), preferably with open diaries :)

I'm 28/F, weigh about 155, looking to lose 30 pounds or so, but will be happy to lose 25. I have some hormonal imbalance issues that I need to deal with, which has made losing weight difficult.

Replies

• kabroering
    kabroering Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I too am looking for friends dealing with PCOS and/or metabolic syndrome. I have some good starting places for managing sugar, which is a big part of PCOS for me.

I am 31/F, 168lbs, hoping to reach 135 or 140! I live in Ohio.

Karen
  • jcbailey89
    jcbailey89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 25. Have PCOS, high blood pressure, and hypoglycemia. I've got 100+lbs to lose. I started last Saturday and I've lost over 4lbs since Monday! I log everything, everyday and my diary is open to friends. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 18. I have PCOS and hyperinsulinemia. I am looking to lose over 100 pounds. I've lost about 5.5 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Feel free to add :)
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few PCOS women, both with IR and those without IR, here on MFP. Try http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis as there are a lot of great women there, lots of great advice and information on diet and other things that help PCOS. You will find a lot of information and links about pcos that the general forums doesnt have to deal with thankfully.
  • Jennjv1
    Jennjv1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and have battled PCOS for 8 years now, and am currently trying to lose weight to help with the symptoms. My diary is open to friends and I'd love to share support. :-)
  • dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've had PCOS my entire life, wasn't properly diagnosed until 11 years ago. I lost 70#, got pregnant, gained it all back plus some. I became depressed, ignored my health, and felt like crap for several years. Last year I decided to take my life back. I currently lost 75#. I am eating healthy most of the time and exercising. Its a different journey this time. I have learned to enjoy exercising. I give myself more grace when it comes to how I care for myself. I am learning to love me an be a friend to myself and not a sabotager. You are more than welcome to add me! :)
  • jamilynn_8890
    jamilynn_8890 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago. I started at 364 lbs in July and I'm at 321 now. I was a vegetarian for a long time but that was making things much worse, so I recently started a low carb high protein diet and it's helping so much.