What are you thankful for this Turkey Day?

Options
I jumped out of bed, then picked up a 20 pound bag of dogfood and put it in the storage container. I then ran into the back yard with the dogs and threw the tennis ball.

All this without pain. My body moving fluidly, muscles working together to do their intended jobs.

I started this journey 5 months ago with the intention of losing a few pounds. Instead I have changed the way I think about food and exercise.....really about My body in general. I thought I was too 'old' for change....what did it really matter if I was overweight and groaned when getting out of bed or for goodness sake everyone is like that, right?

Well I found out they are not! You dont have to be like that at any age, there are things you can do for your body that will change it - forever!

So I am thankful for changes. For 5 lb, 10 lb and even 20 lb dumbells. For exercise bands, for Slim in 6, for walking and even jogging with my tunes, for PUSHUPS and SQUATS...yes I am thankful for them also, for blueberries and summer squash, for chicken breasts and salmon!

But most of all I am thankful I am healthier!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Do it TODAY!!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I jumped out of bed, then picked up a 20 pound bag of dogfood and put it in the storage container. I then ran into the back yard with the dogs and threw the tennis ball.

All this without pain. My body moving fluidly, muscles working together to do their intended jobs.

I started this journey 5 months ago with the intention of losing a few pounds. Instead I have changed the way I think about food and exercise.....really about My body in general. I thought I was too 'old' for change....what did it really matter if I was overweight and groaned when getting out of bed or for goodness sake everyone is like that, right?

Well I found out they are not! You dont have to be like that at any age, there are things you can do for your body that will change it - forever!

So I am thankful for changes. For 5 lb, 10 lb and even 20 lb dumbells. For exercise bands, for Slim in 6, for walking and even jogging with my tunes, for PUSHUPS and SQUATS...yes I am thankful for them also, for blueberries and summer squash, for chicken breasts and salmon!

But most of all I am thankful I am healthier!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Do it TODAY!!
  • cmdelux
    Options
    Amen!
    I completely understand what you are saying about how sluggish and sore you can feel when you aren't taking care of your body. I am 31 and over the last year have really begun to start feeling "older". And you are right, it IS from not maintaining my body, not eating right, and most important, not having a workout routine.
    I just started counting calories last week and today I am adding working out. I feel GREAT already and all I have done is stretching and crunches.
    Working out makes me feel so vibrant and healthy and strong, once you start doing it you can't imagine ever going back!
    So this Thanksgiving I am thankful for this opportunity to take better care of myself. That I have another chance to get fit and healthy. And most of all for MFP and what a great tool it is to help me reach my goals.

109345.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for my 3 healthy children and for my wonderful husband. I'm thankful that I finally figured out that I want to do this for me instead of needing to do it for everyone else. I'm thankful that I am able to push myself to do the healthy thing each day and I'm thankful that I don't beat myself up when I give in to temptation. I'm thankful for my job and being able to provide for my family. I'm thankful for the friends I've met here. I'm thankful that each morning I wake up, I know that God has given me another day with the people I love.

Happy Thanksgiving Friends!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for good doctors, healthy children, my husband, my family, my good friends, Turbo Jam, a body capable of exercise, small successes, shelter, my faith in God (it gets me through more than I can verbalize), a secure job for my husband, the fact that I can be a stay-at-home mom (even though somedays I want to run away :laugh: ), friends that you find accidently, and so much more. :heart:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Crap, I guess someone DID do this idea already:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    It never hurts to have more. Makes people REALLY think what they're thankful for. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for Mike creating the awesomeness that is MFP, which has assisted me in losing almost 50lbs, and being able to stop taking 7 daily meds for a myriad of health problems which are no longer there!

I am thankful for family and dear friends who love me no matter what I do or how I act.

I am thankful for my education, my freedom to go to school. (News story yesterday about Taliban spraying acid on the teenage girls who dared to go to school.)

I am thankful to be an American. To be free to do as I want, to say how I feel, to practice my religion and beliefs without fear of persecution. I am thankful for our troops who represent our country and make the ultimate sacrifice.

I am thankful for my home, keeping me warm and sheltered. I am thankful for my vehicle, getting me safely and warmly where I need to go daily.

I am thankful for my child, who with every trying day, makes me appreciate my mother more. :grumble: :laugh: :noway:

I am thankful for my husband. While he has his shortcomings, he also goes above and beyond others. I can't remember the last time I actually HAD to do laundry. It's always magically done in my house. I never stop thanking him for that.

I am thankful for my job. While it may not be here much longer, for today it provides me with a safe way to earn money to pay my bills and provide for my family. I am thankful for that.

I try to keep check on perspective and remember to always be thankful, no matter the time of year. My mom told me when I was a child, "While there is always someone out there who has more, there is also someone else out there has less." Remembering to focus on those who have less and be grateful for where you are has always been helpful to me, no matter the aspect of life I apply it to.

Happy Thanksgiving, MFP Family!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    We are one blessed bunch, aren't we!!

Happy Thanksgiving every one!:flowerforyou:
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i am so thankful for getting 40 lbs off over the summer and giving myself a fighting chance with this pregnancy :) and i must say for supportive family and friends. they made all the difference in times of struggle and doubt :)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    -I am thankful for my kids. Yes, they may drive me batty, but hearing their voices at 6am means that I have lived to see another day.

-I am thankful for the bills that arrive in my mailbox, because that means that I have water, electricity, and a phone to use. So many people have so much less....

-I am thankful, even, for all the problems I have gone through recently. They have not broken me, only made me stronger and more resilient.

-I am thankful that I have clothes to wear, food to eat, and a car to drive.

-I am thankful for all the love and support I get from all of you here. I know I wouldn't have come as far as I have without having people to share my frustrations and happiness with. I may not know all of you in real life, but I am honored to call you my friends.

Have a happy, safe, and blessed Thanksgiving! (and try not to eat TOO much)

Love,
    Amanda (GTO)
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I am always and everyday truly and humbly thankful for my family, my friends, and my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

There's nothing more I need.:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am always and everyday truly and humbly thankful for my family, my friends, and my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Amen soupy!! happy thanksgiving sweety!
  • SoupNazi
    Options

Amen soupy!! happy thanksgiving sweety!

You too AWTY!!!!

Love ya girl!!!!!!

Kisses.gif
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I didn't read anything here yet except the title but just wanted to quick say that I am thankfuil that Soupy is on here at the same time as I am, 'cause I love my Soupysis.
    :heart:
  • marskids
    Options

and that is exactly why I love her sooooooo much!!!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I didn't read anything here yet except the title but just wanted to quick say that I am thankfuil that Soupy is on here at the same time as I am, 'cause I love my Soupysis.

and I am SO very thankful for you, sweet pea!:smooched: :heart:
  • marskids
    Options

and I am SO very thankful for you, sweet pea!:smooched: :heart:

hug.gifanimated117.gif
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options

What else is there to say! Bless you Soup Nazi and I rejoice with you this Thanksgiving in the love and grace we find in our loving Lord!
    Bunny
  • SoupNazi
    Options

What else is there to say! Bless you Soup Nazi and I rejoice with you this Thanksgiving in the love and grace we find in our loving Lord!
    Bunny

I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving Bunny! And to all the rest....hope you enjoyed not only the football and food, but spending time with your loved ones. How great is that?!!:smooched:
    WOOT!!!!!!!