Options
rprussell2004
rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
qpZQzue.jpg

Replies

• HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I work in a law enforcement agency and we have our fair share of heavy deputies. I find it strange that our sheriff is more concerned about deputies not having visible tattoos than then being physically fit. How is a 300 pound deputy supposed to chase a suspect? Baffling.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    HollyMGT wrote: »
    I work in a law enforcement agency and we have our fair share of heavy deputies. I find it strange that our sheriff is more concerned about deputies not having visible tattoos than then being physically fit. How is a 300 pound deputy supposed to chase a suspect? Baffling.

He can throw a donut, if he has any left from that dozen.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    HollyMGT wrote: »

don't need to run if you've got a taser
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    it's also incorrect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_heaviest_people

note the innkeeper from the 1800s
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Wow Big Joe's size was obviously considered so extreme in his day people would have travelled and paid just to look at him I suspect. Now we see people that size every day and think nothing of it. A sad indictment on our modern dietary habits.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Wow Big Joe's size was obviously considered so extreme in his day people would have travelled and paid just to look at him I suspect. Now we see people that size every day and think nothing of it. A sad indictment on our modern dietary habits.
    actually people travelled and paid to look at this guy in 1806 who was much bigger than "big joe" 100 years later, so both borderline-impressive obesity and society's fascination with it dates back considerably farther than the op's meme would have you believe.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    bulbadoof wrote: »
    it's also incorrect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_heaviest_people

note the innkeeper from the 1800s

I'm glad you posted this. I am actually really, really sad to see that Manuel Uribe lost his battle. I watched a couple of documentaries about him on Discovery. He had the best attitude and really wanted to lose weight and live. Bless his sweet heart. He had lost 447lbs when he died. I really wanted him to make it. He had so many things he wanted to do, I really thought if anyone would do it, it would be him. I just hate this. :'(

• SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    The "police" at my school are either built like that guy, or they smoke nonstop (private police/security standards are low)

He might just be private police aka "police", but who knows. My city's cops are mainly fat and old anyways.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    google tells me that the guy in the pic from 1903 was 754 pounds. that's not common now at all.