Buti Yoga and fluffy girls?

Options
Ive been looking at a few Buti videos but as per the norm the instructors and people involved are all fit and thin. Has anyone of a larger stature tried any of the workouts? I realize that I would have to modify them at first and eventually Id be able to follow without the modifiers, but Id like to know if its helped anyone shed some of the fluffiness.

Replies

• beefunk
    beefunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I haven't seen a drastic change in the big girls but the smaller girls are definitely more toned but they also say they do the nutrition, Grain Free and Dairy Free. I just can't do that !! I like my food. So, I don't know if it actually made normal ppl lose weight or not BUT at least it is a form of exercise, ya know?! :smile:
  • linnywalter
    Options
    Great workout. I take a class once a week. I am definitely, getting stronger and my arms are getting leaner. When I wore a heart rate monitor I burned over 600 calories in a single class. I also run (jog very slowly) and I burn far less.

If you eat a healthy diet and use Buti a few times a week it will change your body, big time.
  • mdawson86
    mdawson86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm a size 12. YOU WILL SWEAT BUCKETS! but it feels good and it's fun. Not easy at all, but do what you can, take breaks and set goal. I just goal myself to get to the end of the work out.
  • UKTexan
    UKTexan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The instructor for my class is an accomplished yogini and great buti teacher. She's also adorably thick and looks like she could bench press an actual cow. Don't be scared. Do the thing.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I have, though I appear fit I deal with a progressive joint disease that effects me greatly.

I'd like to point out a couple things to consiseer...

One yoga or exercise is not going to burn fat. It may burn some calories. Fat is burnt through eating in a deficit. If you eat too more than your TDEE, you will gain weight. That doesn't mean dont eat. I actually eat 1500 calories a day of ice cream :).

Sweat doesn't equate fat loss, it's simply your body trying to cool down. It's water weight that will be replenished as you drink. I enjoy sweating in yoga too, but for decades the myth that sweating is losing weight is false.

Yoga isn't going to build muscle, but it can help you retain the muscle you have if it's the resistance form. By eating in a deficit, you lose the fat and then reveals the muscle you have.

A heart rate monitor is used for steady state of cardio, yoga is not cardio. You will get false readings if you trust a HRM for things it's not intended for. Steady state of cardio is listed in Tg he instructions of the majoR brands.

Lastly yoga is awesome :). I'm not trying to bash the way you are thinking or tell you that yoy are wrong. It's just the fitness industry tell a lot of lies to market their products. I'm simply trying to help those who are looking for change after perhaps spinning their wheels trying to progress.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    what he said ^^^

including the yoga is awesome but isn't going to make you lose fat comment
  • elosquirrel
    elosquirrel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Buti actually includes cardio and plyo, so it's a fantastic calorie burn - also the added bonus of body weight strength training. Just do it!
  • tigerblood6
    tigerblood6 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yoga is an exercise of breathing and flexibility. Usually for 1hour yoga you will be burn 150calories - but however it depends on how intense is your stretch. I had been practicing yoga since 2007 and my weight is 58kg-60kg with height of 155cm. Feel free to be friends