I need help, I cut calories and work out more each week and weight loss is stalling

Options
Early on I was dropping pounds like crazy with barely any workout and just watching calories. Then I stalled so I worked out everyday and up calories slighty to 1400. Only was losing a pound a week. Now I am tired all the time and have no sex drive. What am I doing wrong? My profile is public so you can see diary. Yes you can tell me really what I have screwed up.

Replies

• Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You're not stalled, you're losing a pound per week.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    If you're losing a pound per week, that isn't a stall and sounds perfectly like sustainable weight loss. Weight loss will never be linear. If you go up and down on the scale from one day to the next, it's normal. Everyone's weight does that. It doesn't mean you're not losing weight or gaining it back.

Working out every day sounds excessive? Perhaps you should give yourself a rest day. Those are important for recovery.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well one reason you are losing slower (not a stall at all) is because you are eating out a lot, or at least are using generic entries a lot. Also a lot of junk food for why you feel crappy. I eat junk regularly, but I also need to eat nutritious food much more or else I feel like crap.

Also your logged intake is very low compared to your goals. You don't seem to be eating back any of your exercise calories either.

Stop using generic entries (e.g. you logged homemade spaghetti - make a recipe for this instead), stop eating so much packaged food and get in some proper nutrition, eat to your goal every day and stop being like 1000+ calories short. Measure/weigh your food. Don't eat out as much.

And yes, exercise less.
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Regarding your lack of energy: I just checked your diary on noted that most of what you eat is processed food and/or junk food.

In addition, you typically have a tiny breakfast, and often you do not lunch (a "fun size" candy or a tiny bag of crackers is not a lunch ..).

You say you're tired all the time. I know we're all different, but with that diet, I'd be weak all day long, and after a 900 cal diner, I'd go straight to bed ... to fall asleep.

Maybe you should try to balance things? Try to eat more in the morning and at lunch. Spread your calories.
    If you eat sweets or "junk" as snacks, try to have "healthier" options for your meals - or vice versa.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    A few things to think about above, for sure. Eat more fresh produce and good quality protein. Cut back sodium (which cutting processed food will do by default). You are only logging a little water - perhaps you are getting fluid elsewhere, but given what you logged, it that is all you are having, you have to be dehydrated - which is experienced as exhaustion.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    What they said about your diet. Need more fuirt and veg plus lean protein.
    What they said about 1lb a week being fine. Closer you get to target then the harder it gets to lose.

If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • baxterroxy
    baxterroxy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My first 15 pounds came off quick, then it stalled for 3 weeks and did not change. I increased calorie intake and the weight loss started immediately again. I was set to 1 lb a week but I only have maybe 6 pounds to go, so then is when I realized I needed to be eating more. Even after increasing the intake the weight loss seems to be the same as before. About .75 lbs a week.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're losing a pound a week. This is called kicking **s and taking names.
  • Spocky
    Spocky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's right I lose 1 kg per 3 weeks too. If you gain muscles the scale will go down slower. I eat very small meals in every 3-4 hours so I am never too hungry.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! It doesn't seem like you're stalling like you think you are. Most people experience an initial bigger weight-loss. Especially those who have a lot to lose (no idea if that's you). The closer you get to your goal, typically the more effort it takes as far as tracking and exercise.

The previous suggestion about tweaking your diet/macros make perfect sense.
  • sarahmains16
    Options
    I teach school so often lunch is what is in my drawer while I run from one meeting to next. I am guilt of eating out a lot because kitchen is in middle of remodeled mess, Generic enteries are because I often eat at small mom and pop places. I am scared to eat what I get back from working out. I weighted today since I was getting my cholesterol and a1c measured and was down a pound since monday. So I am my own worse enemy in this too tired to cook but what I am eating is making me tired. Thanks for advice.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you've answered your own question. Make sure you have good stuff in your desk. Heck, even a protein bar is better than a snickers. If you're eating out, can you grab a healthy lunch to bring with you? Most supermarkets have premade salads with chicken and veggies. Put half of the dressing on. A kitchen remodel is a difficult thing to go through when losing weight, but not impossible. Just might take more planning. I think if you fuel your body by making mindful choices, you'll feel better. It's also a time of year when teachers get tired, lol. Regardless of the subject or grade, kids get a little nutty this time of year. Do yourself a favor and take care of your body. You'll come out of the holidays feeling great (and maybe with a new kitchen to start preparing meals again?) :)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You're losing a pound a week. This is called kicking **s and taking names.

That's what I was thinking too! OP, that may not be much of a consolation to you - but some people would be thrilled with one pound a week. Just keep going.