Reasonable HRM?

Options
Hi Everyone :)

I am wanting to buy a Heart Rate Monitor but dont know where to even start.... I live in Vancouver BC. Has any one found a store that sells them at a reasonable price?

Thanks for the help :smile:

Replies

• Jspiffy
    Jspiffy Posts: 15
    Options
    I too am looking around for a decent cheap HRM. I suppose one could check their own pulse in the mean time in between exercise. I know it sounds like a pain but it's what I'm going to try and start until i can get one.
  • cm40
    cm40 Posts: 30
    Options
    I bought mine on amazon. I prefer something with a chest belt that constantly monitors. I bought the Timex Road Trainer. I love it.
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I kinda splurged. I bought the Polar FT40 on amazon. I was reluctant at first since it was $150 (medium price for a good HRM). But I fell in love with it!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    They seem to be decently priced at amazon.com. Also I read a post one time from someone who found them on sale half-price at Sears. I'm sure all the sporting goods stores have them but I would think they'd be cheaper online,
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I kinda splurged. I bought the Polar FT40 on amazon. I was reluctant at first since it was $150 (medium price for a good HRM). But I fell in love with it!

I got mine on e-bay. It was a Polar FT7 and was half the price as usual "new". It has the chest strap. I would read reviews because if it's not good you have wasted more money than you saved.
  • Maurey
    Maurey Posts: 44
    Options
    two sites that I have ordered from are http://www.fact-canada.com/Polar/Polar-heart-rate-monitors.html (they have free shipping in canada on all HRM and use paypal) and mec.ca . I live in Alberta and found both these sites to ship quickly and had better prices than other places. I am a big fan of polar HRM and recently purchased the polar RS300X.
  • shekaiser
    shekaiser Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT7 and I love it! I have only used it once, so I have a lot to learn. Anyone know if I should be trying to keep my HR in Fat Burning zone or Athletic zone? I thought if I worked harder I would expend more calories, but now I am not sure!!

Regarding the monitor, I was worried that the strap would be uncomfortable, but soon forgot about it! The watch was more uncomfortable for me and I had to loosen it several times.

Thanks for the fat burn versus athletic zone feedback!:happy: