Exercise for those with medical/health issues

Options
Ok, so who out there has physical limitations when it comes to exercise?
I had a complete rotator cuff tear and am still rehabing from that...so I cant do things such as lift weights, play ball, etc.

I also have heel spurs in my left foot. About 6 years ago I had surgery on my right for the same issue and my doc wants me to have it on the left. It is an awful surgery and recovery process so I am not inclined to do so.

This has left me with fewer options than some for working out. I HAVE worked out for the past 6 days. 5 days on the elliptical and today i walked for 40 min. The walking wasnt so pleasant, but it wasnts excruciating either.

I know that I can also do spin classes but right now dont belong to the gym.....I do have a bike and will be riding as soon as my hubby puts it together!

Does anyone else out there have some limitations and would like to share what they have done to overcome them?
Thanks.

Dana

Replies

• Daysea13
    Daysea13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Swimming is the best thing for people with injuries! My doc has been telling me that for years, but I just don't have access to a pool until summer time & even then...my apartment's pool is pretty small. Biking & the eliptical are the next best thing, so it sounds like you've found some things that will work. Pilates might be another good thing that's not too hard on the body, but is a good workout. Hope that helps a little!