Any softcup users? Sorry guys....

Options
Just wondering. I inserted mine for the first time tonight. So long pads.

Replies

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've been using them for a few years, and love them! I am so glad I made the switch.
  • dancingwaif
    Options
    I have a DivaCup and it's the greatest thing ever!! So much cheaper than pads or tampons and you can leave it in for 2 days. If you put it in right, it doesn't leak :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Softcups were never successful for me. But I use a Lunette cup. Ah-maz-ing (well, as much as this lady business topic could be, lol)! 10 years with ZERO spent on paper hygiene products.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    See, if I want to give divacup, lunette cup, a try after liking these, I probably will. I'm still kinda nervous about getting really ill with toxic shock syndrome, but these aren't tampons, and they haven't had any reported cases of TSS. I'm quite safe so I wouldn't leave it in longer than 12 hours, like they say, as a precaution.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No, but I use the Femmecup. No more paper and plastic for me B)
  • emilytimeidie
    emilytimeidie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use the diva cup and have been for about two years now. I wouldn't leave mine in for more than 12 hours, I can't imagine leaving it in for two days. But for the money and trips to the store for tampons and pads, it's awesome!!!
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use a DivaCup myself. It's been nice to not have to worry about stocking up on tampons. Sometimes I have a really heavy flow and I don't want to have to run to the bathroom every hour or two for maintenance. I love being able to put in the cup and go about my day as usual.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'll just leave this here http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/

All you ever need to know (and then some) about menstrual cups. Tons of FAQ topics on the right side of the page.
  • rightaboutmeow
    rightaboutmeow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use the disposable softcups...just for the convenience factor (don't have to worry about changing or leakage) and the fact that there is zero risk of TSS.
    I want to switch to an actual non disposable version eventually but I'm just not there yet..lol.
  • filatina85
    filatina85 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a DivaCup and it's the greatest thing ever!! So much cheaper than pads or tampons and you can leave it in for 2 days. If you put it in right, it doesn't leak :)

2 DAYS!!! For Real? That is kinda scary... Seems unsafe and I might forget about it... I have only seen Softcups at the stores around me and I tried them but just got a little grossed out... and there were some mishaps especially if I slept with it.

Perhaps I will give it another shot... that or just go all out and start purchasing Adult diapers for when I sleep because I am tired of ruining my underwear because my pad adjusts one way or another.

Sorry ya'll a little bit TMI, but glad to have somewhere I can just get this off my chest...lol
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I used two diva cups, bought the second because I lost the first, then found the first so alternated between them for years. Then I went all irregular, and had ablative surgery to stop the periods altogether. The cups were both getting stained and gross looking (even after cleaning) so I tossed them. Then the cycle started back. GAH! now using paper products again, because I'm (hopefully) getting close to menopause and I have some side effects of having children that require me to use a pad anyway. :/ Wish they'd just take the darn uterus away. It served its purpose for the last time almost 15 years ago, and aside from making sure organs are in the right places, it's useless to me now.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Used a diva cup and finally was able to sleep right through the night without having to get up a couple of times to change everything. I wish I had discovered it years earlier. However I would never leave it in longer than 8 hours myself, always worried about TSS. I still had to wear a liner though as occasionally I would get small leaks when I was very active.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Tried the Diva Cup once but it was really uncomfortable. I would love to try something like that again though, as I'm fed up with forking out so much money on products all the freakin' time! Thanks for reminding me. I remember trying some disposable ones back in the day and they were decent but then they stopped making them and I started buying the crotch mattresses again.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    I used two diva cups, bought the second because I lost the first, then found the first so alternated between them for years. Then I went all irregular, and had ablative surgery to stop the periods altogether. The cups were both getting stained and gross looking (even after cleaning) so I tossed them. Then the cycle started back. GAH! now using paper products again, because I'm (hopefully) getting close to menopause and I have some side effects of having children that require me to use a pad anyway. :/ Wish they'd just take the darn uterus away. It served its purpose for the last time almost 15 years ago, and aside from making sure organs are in the right places, it's useless to me now.

Have you looked into cloth pads? I bought my stash on etsy.

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i feel like i should be using one of these blood catching cups.......but which one...
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Nevermind, not worth the points :sunglasses:
  • MJ_Watson
    MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved my Lunette. I need to get a new one, though, since I somehow lost mine in a move. Can't stop laughing at the image of some poor soul happening upon it, wherever it is. Between the cup and the switch to cloth pads, I'm finally comfortable during my period! (Okay, more comfortable than before; let's not get crazy. :p )
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd known about menstrual cups years ago instead of only learning about them recently. Now I figure I am at the point where you can't teach an old dog new tricks and at 45 menopause can't be too far off.
  • HewmonFemale
    HewmonFemale Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about this for a while. Can you feel it when it's in there?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I've used a luna cup for the last two cycles. Actually got it as a result of a *mostly* joking around discussion on MFP, but I've been pretty happy with it so far. Thus far the only issue I have run in to is a bit of leaking when I haven't actually gotten it to pop open fully. But even with that, way less hassle and way fewer leaks then with paper products. Two thumbs up for me so far.