Starting insanity today!

Options
Hello everybody! I've started and stop this workout so many times, but today I am going to start and complete a full round of insanity! Anyone wanna join? feel free to add me!
*FYI-I'm skipping fit test

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why are you skipping the fit test? How will you measure improvements after the first month?
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just don't see the point of fit test. I'll know I'm getting better as the program go on because I can do more reps/or go longer than previous etc, don't need a fit test to tell me that.
  • intangiblemango
    intangiblemango Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify-- the fit test is an actual workout. It's not a lazy day by any stretch.
  • kimbelle_vie
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just to clarify-- the fit test is an actual workout. It's not a lazy day by any stretch.
    I know what it is as I've done it before, I just don't really think it's nessary this time
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for Insanity Max 30, which comes out Dec 2
  • kimbelle_vie
    Options
    I'm waiting for Insanity Max 30, which comes out Dec 2

Oooh. Whats that one about
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It's definitely worth doing the fit test, it's an actual work out and it's a great way to break into insanity.

You going to skip the other fit tests through out the regime too?
  • chez_lotr
    chez_lotr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've started insanity (again!) today. I have the same problem I keep starting and stopping it but this time I'm planning to go the full way through. Are you following the recommended diet too?
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Currently on day 13! The Fitness test is well worth it though
  • kimbelle_vie
    Options
    chez_lotr wrote: »
    I've started insanity (again!) today. I have the same problem I keep starting and stopping it but this time I'm planning to go the full way through. Are you following the recommended diet too?
    No, but I am watching what I eat.
  • kimbelle_vie
    Options
    It's definitely worth doing the fit test, it's an actual work out and it's a great way to break into insanity.

You going to skip the other fit tests through out the regime too?

Yeah. The plan is to do maybe a Jillian M, go to gym, or for a walk something along the lines of that
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This is my 1st time doing INSANITY.

I am not a spring chicken any more at 53 years old! If I can do it, you can do it! Just make up your mind to do it! Skip the excuses and don't skip any workouts! That's what I have done! :)

When I started INSANITY, I was 198 pounds. The scale was stuck at 198 for the first 3 weeks of INSANITY. But I was seeing changes in endurance, strength, the way my clothes fit and was also losing inches!

So far, I have lost 10 pounds and 16.5 inches!

Today I finished Week 7, Day 6 (48 days and counting)! :D

If you can find someone who is on the same day as you AND willing to connect with you everyday to see how your workouts went, it helps A LOT!!!

Started INSANITY by myself on Sept 29th. I had been searching for a buddy on MFP, thought I found one. She was on her 2nd attempt to do INSANITY, but on her 2nd attempt, she only stayed with it for 7 days. I lost her to the Body Beast workout. :(

Then, on Day 23, I was FINALLY able to find someone who was on the same day as me AND willing to connect with me everyday, and me with her, so we both stay accountable. Boy, what a difference in my motivation and determination to get through this!!!!

My INSANITY MFP buddy is 20 years younger than me, but that doesn't matter because INSANITY is so challenging!! We share our frustrations and accomplishments with each other daily, no matter how small they may be!!

Definitely find a buddy so you can help each other through it! You will be glad you did. It is so worth it!

Check this out! This is exactly how INSANITY makes you feel - This is so funny, and so true!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/madnessmultiplied/24-things-that-happen-when-you-decide-to-do-the-in-9ryi

Hope you make it through this time.

:flowerforyou:

INSANITY CHALLENGE - SEE BELOW:

exercise.png

43598207.png

• mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am taking the Insanity Journey!! Here's my blog if you want to do it with me. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mumma2boyz