How much water do you drink?

Options

Replies

• katieobrienps300
    Options
    Easily a gallon to a gallon and I half. (especially in the morning after my run) I do 16/8 IF, so the BCCA's in the water help keep me satisfied.
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I bring three 32oz bottles to work everyday then also have coffee in a.m and another 32oz water at home and usually tea at night. Probably comes out to 1 1/3 gallons? I don't drink anything after 8:30pm though so I don't get up in the middle of the night.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Around 1- 1.5 l. I have to remind myself to drink else I forget.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My pee is always green, I aim for a light green. Probably my medication which causes that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It depends...I drink more water and fluids in general during the summer months than I do in the winter. On a 30 mile ride in the summer I can easily go through a couple of water bottles...one with just water and the other with coconut water to replenish my electrolytes.

I sweat a lot less in the winter and could do the same ride with just a bottle of water without any issue.

In general I'd say I drink between 1 - 2 gallons on average depending on the season and what I'm doing. I also live in the high desert at over a mile high...this also leads to dehydration fairly easily.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Minimum 64oz a day. Usually more.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Usually between 2-4 litres a day. It's been more towards the "4" lately because the heating in my apartment completely dries me out.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I probably drink about 100 ounces or more during the day. If I get tired of plain water, I put a few squirts of a liquid water enhancer like Mio into my water bottle. I usually fill up a 17 ounce water bottle 5-6 times a day, and each time I refill the bottle I put a hash mark on the cap with permanent marker. That keeps me on track.
  • MoeHameed
    MoeHameed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been drinking like 1 gallon a day besides coffee and other beverages.. Going to the bathroom is an hour by hour trip.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many cups of coffee I feel the need for that day, since coffee, tea, juice, etc. all count toward hydration.

Plain water? Eh, some days I'll drink 16oz. or so.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Not enough. It's hard when you can't drink anything while working, so at most I'll get 4-5 cups.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    8 to 10 cups, sometimes more.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I drink around 2 gallons a day. Sometimes more probably. I start drinking as soon as I wake up and drink until I go to sleep. I go through a 6 pack of Smart Water daily, but it's the only thing I drink. I'm always thirsty.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Not enough -- 4-5 cups plain water on a good day. I usually drink coffee and/or tea with meal. I teach and can't afford to pee that much. Except first thing in the morning, my pee is still fairly clear and I haven't died of dehydration yet.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Plain water?? Lol... three cups at the most
  • katieobrienps300
    Options
    Depends on how many cups of coffee I feel the need for that day, since coffee, tea, juice, etc. all count toward hydration.

I hope you were kidding about them counting towards hydration.
  • CamilleNoemi
    CamilleNoemi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drink about 4 liters a day. Sometimes more, somtimes less. Normally, I just stick to water. But I quite like tea and I propably have a cup of coffee, too.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    liquids in total, around 24-32 "cups" (8 fluid ounces US), although straight water only accounts for about 5-6 quarts of that. The rest is my 2 large cups of coffee (yes, I count it toward my end goal, why not?) and decaffeinated teas.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

I hope you were kidding about them counting towards hydration.

Why would I be kidding about it?

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    8-10 cups a day on average. I'm not as thirsty during the winter, so sometimes it's a struggle to get there. Drinking tea helps...

MFP is the reason I drink so much water. It made me aware of my deficiency. Before MFP I might be lucky to get in 4 cups a day.