Share your favorite low-calorie snacks!

Options
2»

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    low-fat cottage cheese. filling, decent on calories, and packs a good about of protein. also, delicious.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I agree with the low cal cheese wedges (especially with Triscuits). Sometimes I'll also do a part-skim mozzarella cheese stick with either crackers or a fruit (apple or grapes).

I also like taking half a banana with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and a sprinkle of dark chocolate (or a few chocolate chips if that's what I have on hand). This one is a little higher with calories but it makes a great treat and the calories can vary higher or lower depending on how much of the ingredients are used.

Another one that I like as a good low cal dessert is to take a mandarin orange cup, drain the liquid, and top it with a little whipped cream. I actually haven't done that in a little while...I should revisit it.
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Miso soup with half a cup of low fat cottage cheese. High in protein, and also hydrating. I heat up water with a spoonful of miso paste, and add the cheese right before eating it. The cheese starts to melt without getting too sticky.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    - Half a bagel thin with a thin layer of peanut butter and a sprinkle of chia seeds (complete protein powerhouse)
    - Clif bar
    - Handful of mixed nuts
    - baby carrots (or red pepper, or celery) and hummus
    - green smoothie
    - Kashi mocha almond bar
    - sugar snap peas
    - celery with peanut butter
    - roasted cinnamon maple chick peas

I also snack on sweets but I'm guessing we are looking for healthy options here!
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I agree with the low cal cheese wedges (especially with Triscuits). Sometimes I'll also do a part-skim mozzarella cheese stick with either crackers or a fruit (apple or grapes).

I also like taking half a banana with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and a sprinkle of dark chocolate (or a few chocolate chips if that's what I have on hand). This one is a little higher with calories but it makes a great treat and the calories can vary higher or lower depending on how much of the ingredients are used.

Another one that I like as a good low cal dessert is to take a mandarin orange cup, drain the liquid, and top it with a little whipped cream. I actually haven't done that in a little while...I should revisit it.

Yum! I'll have to try the mandarin orange cups with whipped cream. Sweet and creamy!
    Thanks Jessilee!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    1. apple with cinnamon and triangle of laughing cow swiss cheese
    2. 100 calorie bag of kettle corn (with spray butter by the gallon, haha)
    3. Greek yogurt
    4. caramel rice cake with peanut butter
    5. Protein bar in a pinch (I like hydroxycut's chocolate fudge) 18 g protein, 190 calories.
  • leonamuni
    Options
    1. A fresh tomato (1 whole medium for only 15 calories!)
    2. Apple + cinnamon + a little zero calorie sweetener, cut in slices and baked in water or in the oven
    3. Chai with 50ml or more of soy or almond milk
    4. Soyana yogurt (144 calories)
    5. A very small piece of chocolate for 150 calories or less
  • Christine_1027
    Options
    Korean seaweed snacks!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Lately my snacks have been...
    • Apple with 1/2 ounce cheese
    • Banana