Looking for a cheerleader/encourager/coach! (not a beachbody coach)

Options
Hey guys, my name is Kelly. I basically am on this journey to finally get rid of the last little bit off weight I need to lose! I am 150, would like to slim down to 125, by Christmas (I know, may seem impossible, but, DOABLE!)

I am looking for someone to help me along the journey, maybe someone who's been there, or who just, feels like sharing their encouragement, I am up to it being an accountability thing! like if you need some help too.

My main areas of struggle - eating when I am bored/depressed/in a bad mood, regardless of the diet plan I am on/even if I am not hungry. I would say I am mostly an emotional eater!

So ya, the past few weeks, I have slimmed up a little, using the 21-day beachbody "fit fix" program (the colored containers). It's been good, however, I do find that I get to points where I am like, just eating still. I basically have no one watching me, helping me out. I just moved to a new city, so I am just now starting to like build my life, and, it's a little rough when... you are just starting out, basically from, a few bags and your past experience.

If you're down to helping me out, helping me to stick to this goal, regardless of my feelings/moods/moments of boredom, when eating is like seemingly in my head, the only solution (when.... it really isn't), then, please msg me! Like I said, I am willing to help you out too!

ps. not looking for someone who is a beachbody coach.

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    No it is not "doable" to lose 25 pounds in now just 32 days, especially since you're already slim. Well, I suppose you *technically* probably could but you'd pay a helluva price for it with loss of muscle, loss of energy, loss of hair, loss of stamina - lots of losses and none of them GOOD ones.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 months to lose 28 pounds and that was good going and probably too fast!!
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Why by Christmas? 25 pounds in 32 days is unreasonable. You didn't gain it that fast, and you could lose it that fast--I suppose--if you had a tapeworm, spent the time truly and literally starving away from all food entirely, or had a serious medical condition. But why?

At the risk of getting flagged for being mean, I would suggest instead coming up with a more reasonable goal and a more healthy way to reach it. This goal is not reasonable or healthy.

And again, why Christmas? Is it vanity? We all want to look good for friends and family and Christmas is a time when we see people that we don't often see the rest of the year---trust me, if you're wanting to show off losing 25 lbs (and I don't blame you), then using Christmas as a mile marker one week for before Thanksgiving is...off the mark and missing the point of getting fit--to stay fit. You don't want to lose 25 pounds and then gain back it immediately, do you?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Set a better goal.
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i agree with others to state reasonable goals .. feel free to add me
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am here for you. You can add me. I need some encouragement too.