Im on a Stop weight????

Hi everyone, im on a hold!!!! I've lost 13 pounds since i started, now i cant even loose 1 1/2 pound how i should be loosing in a week. I exercise 6 days a week and burn bout 500-600 calories day and eat 1300 calorie goal. Im not loosing!!!! Why? I was befor now im not and its a slow process now.....is this normal after loosing a little?

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    you need to change things up get you body past this. You should up your calories. Try and keep you Net calories about 1200 so that way you dont go into starvation mode. I am starting the same thing right now and I havent weighed yet but everyone is telling me that it will get you back on track
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    If you aren't eating any of your earned exercise calories your metabolism may be slowing down.

From looking at your ticker it looks like your at your last five pounds, which could also explain why it's more difficult to lose now. The closer you get to your goal weight the less body fat you have to burn. You have to actually eat a little more so that your body can continue to burn fat. You also should focus on the areas that need to burn the most fat since at this point you can spot reduce a little. Your body will use either muscle or fat for energy and will use whichever one is closest to the area that needs the energy. So if you have belly fat you need to work your abs a lot to burn that fat, if your arms have some fat to get rid of, work your arms, etc. Of course, this ONLY works if you have very little body fat overall.
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Take a few days off the exercise, and eat a little more on the calories. Just doing this for a few days shook my body up and I lost again when I was stuck. I was also stuck one time before this and I changed the type of exercise I was doing for a few days. Your body adapts to a routine and then it doesn't do what you want!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,075 Member
    If you eat 1300 and burn 500... you are netting 800 calories. You need to eat more. You should net at your goal, which means on days you burn 500 you should be eating 1800... ie eat back your exercise calories. You're starving.
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    I agree, your body is probably starving! You eat 1300 calories but then you burn 500 so really it's like your body is only getting 800 calories a day. You may want to start eating back more of your exercised calories.
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    You're suppose to change up your routine every few weeks...like 6...give or take. You need to confuse your body so it's starts losing again. Beleive it or not, your body will get use to what you are doing to it so you need to change it up! :)
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Thanks everyone for the comments, I've change my goal so im at 1500 calories now and going 2 eat a little more 2 loose those 5 pounds. thanks again
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Jenna Lee is right. I've been stuck a few times and this approach has worked for me. You might look into the "zig-zag" diet, where you eat only your diet calories for three days, and on the fourth day you eat more. Body builders use this method. I haven't used this, but it makes a lot of sense to me. www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drsquat6.htm